ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ultimate Zip 7.0 [free]

<< < (2/3) > >>

ScreenManiac:
Hm I tried the key, it seems to work at first, but then it never comes up again under the help menu, it keeps saying register. BTW, the key they provided is the exact same key I was given by on Shareware_on_Sale in January 2015

Startup is slow, really slow, takes several seconds, The fonts are tiny on my hi resolution, it won't respond to Ctrl mousewheel or Ctrl Num+ or any of the usual zoom shortcuts.

And it refuses to open some zip that I have no problem opening in 7-zip, Bandizip, FreeArc and IZArc. Tested the zips in question - they are fine everywhere else but UlitmateZip.

Guess I pass up on this one - got enough archive handlers anyway. But thanks for letting me know.

MilesAhead:
Hm I tried the key, it seems to work at first, but then it never comes up again under the help menu, it keeps saying register. BTW, the key they provided is the exact same key I was given by on Shareware_on_Sale in January 2015

Startup is slow, really slow, takes several seconds, The fonts are tiny on my hi resolution, it won't respond to Ctrl mousewheel or Ctrl Num+ or any of the usual zoom shortcuts.

And it refuses to open some zip that I have no problem opening in 7-zip, Bandizip, FreeArc and IZArc. Tested the zips in question - they are fine everywhere else but UlitmateZip.

Guess I pass up on this one - got enough archive handlers anyway. But thanks for letting me know.
-ScreenManiac (August 17, 2015, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is a shame if it functions that poorly.  I only tried extraction via drag and drop.  I am happy with 7-zip so I will just uninstall UZ.

lanux128:
I've also been using Bandizip - not bad at all. What I really miss though are commandline parameters.
Seems like the situation is not likely to change anytime soon:
http://www.bandisoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3022-ScreenManiac (August 17, 2015, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

you may try PeaZip as an alternative, its command-line part seems substantial.

• http://www.peazip.org/peazip-command-line.html

Ath:
Does anyone have even 1 useful/compelling argument for using a non-free zip-file 'manager'? As I have been unable to detect one. (this isn't sarcastic!)

ScreenManiac:
Does anyone have even 1 useful/compelling argument for using a non-free zip-file 'manager'? As I have been unable to detect one. (this isn't sarcastic!)
-Ath (August 18, 2015, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, yes. WinRar. If you're into the rar-format and it's advantages, that is. It allows superb compression rates, multi-part archives, and most importantly, redundant data storage within the archive by which you can later recover a broken archive.

The interface itself looks good with font sizes large enough on high res screens, customizable toolbar with big buttons and themes/ skins, it's reasonably fast and you can make it portable.

On the downside, it lacks the preview options that Bandizip has, not in the portable version, though  :mad:

And while you can extract most stuff, WinRar will only pack zip and rar, afaik.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version