ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Brainstorm Pro Thesaurus Software With Multi Language & Research Tools

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Welcome, jessegilbert1. Wow; you are not afraid of competition!  I wish you the best of luck! :up:  

but it all was about time:

wordzilla really wants someone to rewrite mobysaurus..
i've talked with a few people and made some progress but nothing major so far.
-mouser (November 17, 2008, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were of course already aware that you have advertised your program right where the most competent predecessor was living! I still use the fantastick (but very old) Mobysaurus Thesaurus ("Mark II" version 1.0.55) by Anderson~Wordzilla. Now, Mobysaurus has clearly been abandoned, so sadly it's no longer working in up-to-date Firefox etcetera. But Mobysaurus is still working perfectly on Windows 10 (with or without MS Word installed) in WordPad and other basic~old editors. It's also still working in perfect harmony with the mighty WordWeb 7, and even with an endless amount of implemented dictionaries and word lists, the reaction time is always less than a second.

So, I really wish you the best of luck ;-)

---
first activated via Ctrl+Shift+A, here in WordPad:

---
then plus WordWeb activated via Shift+Enter:

jessegilbert1:
Thanks all. I was busy for a while and forgot about this forum but the product has been updated.
Includes rhyming dictionary and definition lookup.
There are a few mobythesaurus like softwares out there but it is not easy to sell.
Anyways maybe will chat with the moby thesaurus guy if he is around.
http://www.brainstormpro.com

40hz:
If you ever do a version that runs natively under Linux and works with Libre Writer or Softmaker Office, I'm your customer.  ;)

jessegilbert1:
Cool thanks. I'm working on it...as well as mac version. I have an independent thesaurus database just have to plug it into the software. I would like a plugin to make it work with those, which should not be too hard (simple highlight word and click link to launch)

jessegilbert1:
Welcome, jessegilbert1. Wow; you are not afraid of competition!  I wish you the best of luck! :up: 

but it all was about time:

wordzilla really wants someone to rewrite mobysaurus..
i've talked with a few people and made some progress but nothing major so far.
-mouser (November 17, 2008, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were of course already aware that you have advertised your program right where the most competent predecessor was living! I still use the fantastick (but very old) Mobysaurus Thesaurus ("Mark II" version 1.0.55) by Anderson~Wordzilla. Now, Mobysaurus has clearly been abandoned, so sadly it's no longer working in up-to-date Firefox etcetera. But Mobysaurus is still working perfectly on Windows 10 (with or without MS Word installed) in WordPad and other basic~old editors. It's also still working in perfect harmony with the mighty WordWeb 7, and even with an endless amount of implemented dictionaries and word lists, the reaction time is always less than a second.

So, I really wish you the best of luck ;-)

---
first activated via Ctrl+Shift+A, here in WordPad:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

---
then plus WordWeb activated via Shift+Enter:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

-Curt (August 17, 2015, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. I'm not completely ignoring competition but the hard part is marketing...lots of logistics.

Mobythes looks like a good program...but mine is a lot different (albeit missing some of the features)

I have used the moby code so I have an option so mine is soon not dependant on any program.

Feel free to contact re collaboration. Would even be interested in working with said competitor if there was opportunity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version