ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Clean Install Instructions

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm pretty sure the Download Tool in Step 2 can also make a bootable USB for you. But if you're going to have to upgrade from Windows 7/8 anyway, why not just select the option to remove all your settings and programs and files and do a clean install during the upgrade? That's what I did.

Or why not use the "Reset this PC" feature of the OS?

IMO the only helpful part of that guide was how to get your key using ProduKey. But it hasn't been verified yet that it's the actual, legitimate key.

wraith808:
Remove everything is different than a clean install.  I currently have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit installed.  I want to install windows 10 64-bit.

There's no upgrade path.  I have to do a clean install.

Deozaan:
Remove everything is different than a clean install.  I currently have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit installed.  I want to install windows 10 64-bit.

There's no upgrade path.  I have to do a clean install.
-wraith808 (August 11, 2015, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, good point! But if there's no upgrade path, how will you get your 64-bit key? I'm not sure a 32-bit key will work for a 64-bit version.

Let us know how it goes!

Stoic Joker:
I'm not sure a 32-bit key will work for a 64-bit version.-Deozaan (August 11, 2015, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am, and yes it will.

4wd:
+1 with SJ, I've used the relevant key for swapping between architecture, (x86/x64), over the years for XP, 7, and 8 without any problem.

It'll fail if you try to install a product it doesn't match though, (eg. Pro key and you're installing Win HP).

You could also try backing up the activation tokens from the upgrade and restoring them into the clean install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version