ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capturing Scrolling Pages

<< < (3/5) > >>

IainB:
If the otherwise excellent SC is not playing nicely with a scrolling capture of a web page, then this might be of use/help: whilst I'm not usually interested in capturing images of scrolling windows (web pages), it does seem that the OneNote Clipper bookmarklet "button" - as used with the "FREE" MS OneNote - still works very well in doing a quick and flawless image capture:
Test of the OneNote Clipper bookmarklet "button" that you drag to Favorites:
My test results indicate that this takes an image of an entire web page (a scrolled-window image, much like Screenshot Captor, but without all the palaver associated with the latter), but:
(a) The image is of the entire web page, regardless of whether you have only selected/highlighted a part of the page.
(b) It doesn't seem to work in Firefox v28ß (could be my Firefox settings, I suppose).
(c) It works perfectly in IE11.

The way I work, my objective is usually to save selected parts, or all, of a web page in HTML format and often with attached/nested pages/files.
Thus I rarely take such images/screenshots, and the OneNote Clipper is not of much use to me.
However, when I want to capture an image of an entire scrolled web page, in future I shall consider using OneNote Clipper rather than SC (if I remember).
So, I shall continue to use Firefox with the Scrapbook extension for capturing part/all of a web page in HTML format (having come across nothing better with a non-proprietary format, or greater reliability so far).
-IainB (March 19, 2014, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Using the OneNote Clipper to capture the webpage, for example, here's this thread page in an image: (click to enlarge)

Capturing Scrolling Pages

SuperMan:
Thank you for the tip.  I'll check it out!

PS: Major American Monty Python fan here.  :)

IainB:
...PS: Major American Monty Python fan here.  :)
-SuperMan (August 12, 2015, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:   I suspect there's a lot of us about.

SuperMan:
Can someone tell me how to avoid having the red margin and overlap lines appear in my final images?

I'm not sure if that is something I am doing wrong, a bug, or an environment issue on my computer.

Thanks!

tomos:
Can someone tell me how to avoid having the red margin and overlap lines appear in my final images?

I'm not sure if that is something I am doing wrong, a bug, or an environment issue on my computer.
-SuperMan (August 12, 2015, 10:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

any chance of attaching a screenshot?
- and describing process used.
Are the overlap lines red too? (Or are they just overlaps?)

I just tried a partial manual scrolling capture of this page (which I also cropped top and bottom after) -
see attached. I dont have either problem here. [edit] I see too much overlap was stripped out in screenshot already in the first post - I had missed that... [/edit]

SC 4.12.0
Win 7 x64

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version