ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PSA: Woe to Thee Who Performs a Windows 10 Clean Install

<< < (10/10)

Innuendo:
No? I see the color change slightly when I click. When I click, it looks like the hover/highlight color goes away and returns.
-Deozaan (August 06, 2015, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Annnnndddddd....this behavior just spontaneously started working out of the blue last night. Windows 10 works in mysterious ways.

I'm glad all my irritants are solving themselves one by one, but I'd like to know the how/why of the solutions rather than just materializing out of nothing.

Stoic Joker:
Our IT department is currently at about 20 - in production - Win 10 upgrades. So far all "failures" have been non Win 10 related; hardware issues, malware, and customer site wireless network performance issues causing a 2 hour stall getting install updates.

More on-topic-er:
  I have noticed a tendency towards aberrant behavior on older (e.g. mine) machines. Currently the jump list for - pinned to the taskbar - IE has vanished ... for IIRC the third time. Actually, on this last trip...the IE icon itself vanished from the taskbar. So I had to manually chase it down in PF and staple it back to the TB *Shrug*

...Mind you this particular OS instance has been in existence since 2006; starting life as Vista, then upgraded to 7, and now 10. So the fact that it runs at all is probably some sort of F***ing miracle. :D

Innuendo:
...Mind you this particular OS instance has been in existence since 2006; starting life as Vista, then upgraded to 7, and now 10. So the fact that it runs at all is probably some sort of F***ing miracle. :D-Stoic Joker (August 08, 2015, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember when upgrade install lifespans were measured in hours rather than years. ;)

Deozaan:
No? I see the color change slightly when I click. When I click, it looks like the hover/highlight color goes away and returns.
-Deozaan (August 06, 2015, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Annnnndddddd....this behavior just spontaneously started working out of the blue last night. Windows 10 works in mysterious ways.

I'm glad all my irritants are solving themselves one by one, but I'd like to know the how/why of the solutions rather than just materializing out of nothing.
-Innuendo (August 08, 2015, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

There was a "cumulative update" that came out a day or two ago. Did you install it? Maybe that's what fixed it.

Innuendo:
There was a "cumulative update" that came out a day or two ago. Did you install it? Maybe that's what fixed it.
-Deozaan (August 08, 2015, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was installed in the background with no announcement. That will take some getting used to...it was installed on the 5th. Must have been it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version