ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Want to backup your music collection? Tough...It's illegal.

<< < (4/4)

Renegade:
If you read further into the story, even the IPO basically say "It's illegal, but we don't care"...which, IMHO, is as stupid as it can get...if you don't care, then why the hell make it illegal in the first place?
-Stephen66515 (August 06, 2015, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because when you make everything "illegal", anyone who is "inconvenient" can be thrown in a rape cage.

Personally, I say f**k it..carry on doing what you were doing...if you wanna backup your music/movie collection...or anything else you legally own...then do it.
-Stephen66515 (August 06, 2015, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That, and I would go further. Back it all up. The legality of it is irrelevant now. Because everything is illegal.

Their time of vampiric reign is long over and they need to all collectively fuck off and get on with dying..
-Stoic Joker (August 06, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

And especially the dying part. The sooner, the better. Although... a little agony wouldn't be all that bad. 8)

Doesn't this ruling basically make the entire proliferation of copyright protected media illegal?
-Deozaan (August 06, 2015, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

The governments and courts have +5 rings of protection against logic and scrolls of protection from sanity in massive supplies. That doesn't even take into account their +5 armour of confusion that prevents them from understanding when they're being total idiots.

Sooner or later if it isn't already, sharing a picture of a kitten leaping into a bucket with your mom will be a high profile crime worthy of half a million dollars in fines and fees and 20-life prison time.
-SeraphimLabs (August 09, 2015, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's very convenient when everyone is a criminal.

I've been telling people to just practice civil disobedience. This is a law that obviously cannot be enforced because collectively the citizenship of the country simply ignores it and has no interest in obeying it.

If the courts actually worked as intended they would recognize this law is of corrupt intentions and does not benefit the people of the country, so they would order it striken from the books without any further negotiation.

Justice is blind, but she can clearly smell money.
-SeraphimLabs (August 09, 2015, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

In other words... Someone will need to wield Stormbringer... The sword forged to devour the souls of gods. This won't end well.

I have no faith in the UK or any hope for it. Rulings like this only serve to show that the UK is strong competition for the US in overthrowing the DPRK as the world's worst police state champion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version