ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Want to backup your music collection? Tough...It's illegal.

<< < (2/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Their time of vampiric reign is long over and they need to all collectively fuck off and get on with dying..
-Stoic Joker (August 06, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well said!

TaoPhoenix:

I'm disturbed by the phrase "They didn't like the law so they made it illegal" ?!!

So any law made never matters ever again if the High Court over there can overturn it?!! Like (Vader) "We modified the deal. Pray we don't modify it further!" (/Vader)

TaoPhoenix:

Plus with Microsoft's new "Slipstream capability" they can one day push an update that just happens to do nasty things. Like "You're over a barrel now. Pray we don't push an update you don't like!"

:o  >:(

40hz:
If the law is an ass, it's because an ass is frequently The Law.

Evey so often nine asses are gathered together to form an 'asinine' - or Supreme Court. 

(Can't remember where I first saw the above.)

wraith808:
If the law is an ass, it's because an ass is frequently The Law.

Evey so often nine asses are gathered together to form an 'asinine' - or Supreme Court. 

(Can't remember where I first saw the above.)
-40hz (August 06, 2015, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's really right.

I had a judge tell me that "While I was in his court, the law was what he said it was.  If I wanted to argue the law, I should have brought a lawyer."

And the lawyer that had told me not to take him to court said, that's how it works.  But if I'd brought a lawyer, just that fact would have been prejudicial.

The words, Rock and Hard Place came to mind.  And he totally agreed.

It's depressing when you think about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version