ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Creating Aliases With Optional Parameters

(1/1)

wraith808:
So, I've just gotten into creating aliases, and I don't know how I didn't do this before!  But I want to create an alias with optional parameters, and regex is not working for me.

The program (QuickNote for OneNote - note.exe) allows you to feed in the note text, a switch for displaying the note, and a switch for the category.  I want the switch for the category to be optional.

The RegEx

^QuickNote (.*),(.*)?

The commands:

QuickNote - $$1 | C:\Users\wraith808\My Files\Dropbox\Tools\QuickNote\Note.exe $$1 /sect $$2
QuickNote and Display - $$1 | C:\Users\wraith808\My Files\Dropbox\Tools\QuickNote\Note.exe $$1 /disp /sect $$2

It works... but you have to put a , at the end (I tried making the , optional, but that made it match the whole string, instead of splitting it).  I can live with that, even though it's suboptimal.

Is there a way to make it, however, so that if the second param is empty, it uses a default for that second parameter?  Or to check if that second parameter is set, and change behavior based on that?

mouser:
quick response first: perhaps the easiest solution would be to create 2 aliases, one for when you have both parameters and one for if you have only one.
there are probably other solutions using regex, though i dont know off hand of a way to have a default parameter.. it's an interesting idea for a feature to add to the alias system..

wraith808:
quick response first: perhaps the easiest solution would be to create 2 aliases, one for when you have both parameters and one for if you have only one.
there are probably other solutions using regex, though i dont know off hand of a way to have a default parameter.. it's an interesting idea for a feature to add to the alias system..
-mouser (August 06, 2015, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I thought the answer would be after playing with it a bit.  Thanks for the reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version