ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox: I got stuck on 'search as you type'. Any way to get back?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
Silly question.
In Firefox, I got stuck on 'search as you type'.
I don't want this behavior. I have one-key shortcuts that I want to recover.
The obvious solutions don't work: (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4602277/how-do-i-disable-firefoxs-search-for-text-when-i-start-typing-on-pages-with-k)

If I go to  Tools->Options->Advanced->General Tab and the checkbox for "Search for text when I start typing" is not on. but if I press a key, it shows the tiny overlay and higlights the searches.

Any idea what could be wrong? Any workaround? Maybe this is an addon taking over?

Btw: cyberfox with the same tabs uses less CPU, but more memory :) So I may move there permanently.

eleman:
I guess an add-on may be the culprit.

MilesAhead:
Btw: cyberfox with the same tabs uses less CPU, but more memory
-urlwolf (August 05, 2015, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you find a speed dial that doesn't big startup please let me know.  I use CF x64 and Super Start.  But it takes 30 seconds to load and fill the speed dial on startup.  :(

TaoPhoenix:
Btw: cyberfox with the same tabs uses less CPU, but more memory :) So I may move there permanently.
--- End quote ---

I kept forgetting to check out Cyberfox, so I'm trying to do that now!

Edit: It says it doesn't support my version of Windows. (XP). Oh well.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

I kept forgetting to check out Cyberfox, so I'm trying to do that now!

Edit: It says it doesn't support my version of Windows. (XP). Oh well.

-TaoPhoenix (August 05, 2015, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Firefox x64 is coming out in the Stable Channel on version 40.0 release anyway.  The last few stable releases of FF have been good.  I find myself only using CF occasionally nowadays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version