ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (25/26) > >>

ewemoa:
BTW, it seems that if Windows Update is already running, changing the hidden status of an update (via Powershell, say) doesn't appear to be reflected in Windows Update's UI until after a subsequent "Check for Updates" operation.  At least it didn't here during a test.

May be that was obvious, but FWIW...

4wd:
Spent some time wondering where Hide-WUUpdate was only to discover that this was added in the Windows Update Powershell Module in version 1.4.6 as mentioned here:

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/PSWindowsUpdate/

Had inadvertently tried the 3 attachment links on the Module page and those happened to be for 1.3.4, 1.4.3, and 1.4.5...doh!
-ewemoa (December 08, 2015, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use this link:

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

ewemoa:
That's what I ended up using in the end :)

dr_andus:
Has anyone tried or heard about this one yet?

10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking · GitHub

DisableWinTracking - Uses some known methods that attempt to disable tracking in Windows 10. (Telemetry, DiagTrack Log, Services, hosts-file, IP blocking, Windows Defender / WifiSense, OneDrive)
--- End quote ---

Edit: In the meantime I found a Reddit thread on it with quite a few comments:
I made my own user-friendly Windows 10 privacy tool for inexperienced users

tomos:
Disclaimer:
I haven't used this software, so not recommending, but I know that the company is reputable and they make good solid (in my experience) image backup software:

O&O ShutUp10
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

* claims to be updated for Windows 10 'Creator' update
* says is portable
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far.

Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
YT video

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version