ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (20/26) > >>

Innuendo:
Indeed those are the new forum's default avatars...which, I admit, are better than the new forum's old 'new' avatars which were weird squiggly images of which the system chose to make mine an unsightly orange.

I never had an avatar. Never use an avatar wherever I go & now since the forum switch I'm toying with trying to make a clear/invisible/transparent image to see if that will work to 'fake' not having an avatar. :)

Deozaan:
If you don't want Microsoft getting your free data...

Those are the IP's to be blocked on your router:
         address-group MS_WIN10 {
             address 65.55.252.63
             address 65.52.100.91
             address 65.55.44.109
             address 65.55.252.92
             address 65.55.252.93
             address 65.52.100.7
             address 93.184.215.200
             address 64.4.54.32
             address 23.56.203.122
             address 168.62.187.13
             address 65.55.176.90
             address 134.170.115.60

You are welcome.-https://plus.google.com/+MauroRibeiro-mdrjr/posts/hMPGdaEZLL1
--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
On a related note, is there a convenient tool to help with preventing the installation of a specific set of updates?
-ewemoa (August 28, 2015, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder if it's technically feasible / easy to have a program that scans / parses the appropriate Windows Update window for update identifiers and warns if certain ones look about to be installed.

Perhaps something in AutoHotkey?

4wd:
On a related note, is there a convenient tool to help with preventing the installation of a specific set of updates?
-ewemoa (August 28, 2015, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder if it's technically feasible / easy to have a program that scans / parses the appropriate Windows Update window for update identifiers and warns if certain ones look about to be installed.-ewemoa (September 08, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could do it with Powershell by using it to do the updates rather than relying on the Windows Update application, so rather than the reactive approach in the script above it would be proactive.

ie. Powershell fetches a list of updates available, compares against a list of unwanted KBs, hides any if found, and then invokes auto-update (which will automatically skip Hidden updates), or does the other updates itself.

So goes the theory.

wraith808:
I'm running WinPrivacy on Windows 10... and I just got the weirdest request for internet access.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingFinance_4.5.168.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.MSN.Money.exe

I don't even have money installed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version