ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (17/26) > >>

ewemoa:
I came across a longer list ("List of Windows 7 telemetry updates to avoid"):

KB2952664 Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7
KB2990214 Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 7 to a later version of Windows
KB3021917 Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements
KB3022345 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3035583 Update installs get windows 10 app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1
KB3068708 (replaces KB3022345) Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3075249 Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
KB3080149 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry

--- End quote ---

via https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/list-of-windows-7-telemetry-updates-to-avoid.379151/

There may be more than one list there and a number of scripts, FWIW.  A number of claims being made on the thread definitely got my attention.

Stoic Joker:
There may be more than one list there and a number of scripts, FWIW.  A number of claims being made on the thread definitely got my attention.-ewemoa (September 03, 2015, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Zoiks! Their advice to disable (completely) IPv6 definitely sounds wise to heed - I've been doing that for a while because of it's lack of NAT.

For those that haven't run across this yet, you can't just uncheck it in Network Connection properties. To fully disable it:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\

Create new DWORD named DisabledComponents, and set its value to 0xffffffff

Then reboot.

tomos:
via https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/list-of-windows-7-telemetry-updates-to-avoid.379151/
-ewemoa (September 03, 2015, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I presume that link is okay (?)
PaleMoon and Firefox give warnings on it
Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

4wd:
Might have to tweak my waiting for return code from WUSA, using the list from this post I got the following output:

Edit: I wasn't detecting if a restart was required, (Exit code 3010), should be OK now.

I presume that link is okay (?)
PaleMoon and Firefox give warnings on it-tomos (September 03, 2015, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's fine.

TaoPhoenix:
Zoiks! Their advice to disable (completely) IPv6 definitely sounds wise to heed - I've been doing that for a while because of it's lack of NAT.
-Stoic Joker (September 03, 2015, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is close to a new thread!

Can y'all explain what any of "this" (in what level of Douglas Hofstadter context) this means!?

Other parts of "the tech world" are screaming about the end of address for IPv4, so to *disable* IPv6 ... is ... an explosion in a sphaghetti factory as the saying goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version