ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (14/26) > >>

Innuendo:
If that was a reply to me, I was talking about Windows 7 & 8 when I said simply choose not to install the telemetry updates. :Thmbsup:-Deozaan (August 29, 2015, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'll have to forgive his confusion because it looks like this thread is about Windows 10 and everyone is talking about that OS except you. :)

Deozaan:
You'll have to forgive his confusion because it looks like this thread is about Windows 10 and everyone is talking about that OS except you. :)
-Innuendo (August 29, 2015, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, except for the last 3 posts before his.

Innuendo:
Yes, except for the last 3 posts before his.-Deozaan (August 29, 2015, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that's what I get for skimming. Apologies and back to my corner I go.  :)

xtabber:
One of the major complaints about Windows 10 is that most end users have no way at all to turn off any automatic updates, but Microsoft may be about to change that, according to Woody Leonhard.
-xtabber (August 29, 2015, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that was a reply to me, I was talking about Windows 7 & 8 when I said simply choose not to install the telemetry updates. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (August 29, 2015, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
What makes you think this was a reply to you?

I did not quote your posts and this thread is about Windows 10 Privacy.

Deozaan:
One of the major complaints about Windows 10 is that most end users have no way at all to turn off any automatic updates, but Microsoft may be about to change that, according to Woody Leonhard.
-xtabber (August 29, 2015, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that was a reply to me, I was talking about Windows 7 & 8 when I said simply choose not to install the telemetry updates. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (August 29, 2015, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
What makes you think this was a reply to you?

I did not quote your posts and this thread is about Windows 10 Privacy.
-xtabber (August 30, 2015, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't sure if it was a reply to my post, hence the "if that was a reply to me" part of my response. But here are three reasons why it seemed there was a decent chance that your message was a response to mine:

* Your message came just after mine. Sometimes people don't quote the person they're replying to if their response comes immediately after the one they're replying to.
* My message was about disabling specific updates. I didn't specifically mention Windows 7 or 8 because I was responding to a message that was about Windows 7 & 8.
* You said Windows 10 doesn't allow disabling updates. This is a thread about Windows 10 privacy, not about Windows 10 automatic updates. So I wondered why would you be talking about updates except in reference to the last few posts in this thread which were about Automatic Updates for Windows 7 & 8?
That was when I realized that my message was ambiguous because this is indeed a Windows 10 thread and a few of us were talking about Windows 7 & 8, so I tried to clarify in a friendly way. But I apparently failed at that because I seem to have offended everyone along the way.

The only reason I'm still talking about this is because you specifically asked me to explain why I thought your post was a response to mine. So that's what this is: An explanation of how things went from my perspective.

I didn't mean to offend. My apologies to both you and Innuendo if I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version