ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (13/26) > >>

phitsc:
now also on Windows 7 and 8.

http://winaero.com/blog/telemetry-and-data-collection-are-coming-to-windows-7-and-windows-8-too/

ewemoa:
Woa...thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, is there a convenient tool to help with preventing the installation of a specific set of updates?

Deozaan:
On a related note, is there a convenient tool to help with preventing the installation of a specific set of updates?
-ewemoa (August 28, 2015, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can't you just not select that update in Windows Update? I mean, you'd need to know the KB number(s) to be sure you don't install them. But other than that, I think Windows Update itself makes it fairly easy to not install an update if you don't want it.

You can even hide it using the context menu so it doesn't prompt you to install it later.

xtabber:
One of the major complaints about Windows 10 is that most end users have no way at all to turn off any automatic updates, but Microsoft may be about to change that, according to Woody Leonhard.

Deozaan:
One of the major complaints about Windows 10 is that most end users have no way at all to turn off any automatic updates, but Microsoft may be about to change that, according to Woody Leonhard.
-xtabber (August 29, 2015, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that was a reply to me, I was talking about Windows 7 & 8 when I said simply choose not to install the telemetry updates. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version