ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (3/26) > >>

Edvard:
Then there's this:

http://www.newsweek.com/windows-10-recording-users-every-move-358952
Using Windows 10? Microsoft Is Watching

From the moment an account is created, Microsoft begins watching. The company saves customers’ basic information—name, contact details, passwords, demographic data and credit card specifics —but it also digs a bit deeper.
--- End quote ---

Relevant?

wraith808:
Then there's this:

http://www.newsweek.com/windows-10-recording-users-every-move-358952
Using Windows 10? Microsoft Is Watching

From the moment an account is created, Microsoft begins watching. The company saves customers’ basic information—name, contact details, passwords, demographic data and credit card specifics —but it also digs a bit deeper.
--- End quote ---

Relevant?
-Edvard (August 03, 2015, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Newsweek gives you five free articles a month.

TaoPhoenix:

Most of the article comes down to this:

"Other information Microsoft saves includes Bing search queries and conversations with the new digital personal assistant Cortana; contents of private communications such as email; websites and apps visited (including features accessed and length of time used); and contents of private folders. Furthermore, “your typed and handwritten words are collected,” the Privacy Statement says, which many online observers liken to a keylogger. "

anandcoral:
As wraith808 said "It's much ado over nothing."

Yes this is what I mean to say. We are unnecessarily fussing over something which will be same at the end.

I still remember there was much hue and cry over iPad. One can not type on it, keeping it on their lap. Every blogger or writer thought since they can not type easily on it, so it is useless. What is now ?
IPad remains as it is, the writers learnt to use IPad.

Same for Google reading our emails. Even MS highlighted it and assured they were not reading our email, see their ads. What happened ?
GMail still rules and we still use it.

Now we are worrying over something which MS has given option to disable. Well I know we all will be using Win10, sooner than later.

Keep in mind due to this logic of MS, we small developers are making our living by making tools to change the default of MS. Remember Start menu for Win8, how much fuss it created. Now we have so many tools to get the start menu in Win8. Similar tools will follow for Win10.

Cortana will be less useful to me, as I do not have steady network for her(?) to look into neither I use much of MS programs like outlook etc. I may use her as speech to text as Dragon dictate was too costly for me and now I am getting old. I will like to code by dictating.  ;)

Regards,

Anand

phitsc:
I respectfully disagree!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version