ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Privacy Concerns

<< < (19/26) > >>

ewemoa:
Modern OSes all use this newer method, but that older method is still in the code, but disabled, for compatibility and fail-safe purposes if it's ever needed...or someone's nutty enough to want to use it.
-Innuendo (September 05, 2015, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, do you happen to have a handy reference for the specifics (i.e. which versions of which operating systems)?  I hadn't realized some degree of sanity had prevailed.

Innuendo:
Ah, do you happen to have a handy reference for the specifics (i.e. which versions of which operating systems)?  I hadn't realized some degree of sanity had prevailed.-ewemoa (September 05, 2015, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sadly, the only reference I have handy at the moment is a rather dryly written college text book sitting on my bookshelf. I can tell you that all versions of Windows have "let's naively use the MAC address to create our IPv6 address!!" disabled by default and I believe the setting is buried far enough in either the registry or the group policy editor that someone would have to set out with the purpose of enabling it. It's definitely not where the casual user will inadvertently activate it.

ewemoa:
Thanks!

wraith808:
We need to have a thread where Ewomoa posts, followed by Innuendo, back and forth... followed by someone with an O.  What is it with the green and black letter blocks for your avatars?

4wd:
What is it with the green and black letter blocks for your avatars?-wraith808 (September 06, 2015, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that the new default forum avatar, (first letter) ?

I'm guessing that their old avatar, (if they had one), didn't migrate across.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version