ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PSA: Woe to Thee Who Performs a Windows 10 Clean Install

<< < (8/10) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

It's not just us guys.

Starting from the Win10 Wiki, Ars Tecnica says that "it was buggier than previous versions of Windows were on-launch.".

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/review-windows-10-is-the-best-version-yet-once-the-bugs-get-fixed/

A couple of snips:

"I'm more conflicted about Windows 10 than I have been about any previous version of Windows. In some ways, the operating system is extremely ambitious; in others, it represents a great loss of ambition. The new release tries to walk an unsteady path between being Microsoft's most progressive, forward-looking release and simultaneously appealing to Windows' most conservative users."

Innuendo:
The new release tries to walk an unsteady path between being Microsoft's most progressive, forward-looking release and simultaneously appealing to Windows' most conservative users.-TaoPhoenix (August 06, 2015, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is a fair statement. I also think this is the way they had to go. They have to embrace the post-desktop PC world while still appealing to their core audience so they don't lose customers. If they went any other way they would have been criticized far more than they are being currently.

As for me, now that I have conquered the problems I've encountered during my install, Windows 10 is settling into being a very solid OS for me. The only thing that nags at me now is clicking icons on the taskbar offers no visual feedback one has clicked them as previous versions of Windows have done. It's a minor nit, but still a little weird to see.

TaoPhoenix:
As for me, now that I have conquered the problems I've encountered during my install, Windows 10 is settling into being a very solid OS for me. The only thing that nags at me now is clicking icons on the taskbar offers no visual feedback one has clicked them as previous versions of Windows have done. It's a minor nit, but still a little weird to see.
-Innuendo (August 06, 2015, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

To me even that doesn't matter! It's nits!

I am dying to get some time + solid reporting on their new push mechanism. All else pales before that in my eyes.

Oh, the first one will be either glorious or harmless.

But someone at MS learned to bring on a team to play the Long Games again.

THAT's what I'm nervous about!

Deozaan:
The only thing that nags at me now is clicking icons on the taskbar offers no visual feedback one has clicked them as previous versions of Windows have done. It's a minor nit, but still a little weird to see.-Innuendo (August 06, 2015, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

No? I see the color change slightly when I click. When I click, it looks like the hover/highlight color goes away and returns.

Innuendo:
No? I see the color change slightly when I click. When I click, it looks like the hover/highlight color goes away and returns.
-Deozaan (August 06, 2015, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Must be a graphic card driver issue on my side then. I only see hover/highlight color changes when a program is open and has that blue underscore line under the icon image. I'll be patient then. It'll eventually be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version