ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Pls recommend 32-bit software for old WinXP machine I'm giving an elderly woman

<< < (5/6) > >>

app103:
Have you given any thought to how Avast will be updated, without an internet connection? And have you disabled it from attempting to automatically update? (I'd hate to see her annoyed with popups telling her the definitions are out of date and end up in the habit of just dismissing any and all messages from Avast.)

kyrathaba:
@app103:

Yes, we visit this lady once a month and cook her a meal and eat with her. On those visits I will go online by tethering my cellphone to her PC via a wireless dongle. I can then update antivirus definitions. Avast is configured for manual updates only.

app103:
@app103:

Yes, we visit this lady once a month and cook her a meal and eat with her. On those visits I will go online by tethering my cellphone to her PC via a wireless dongle. I can then update antivirus definitions. Avast is configured for manual updates only.
-kyrathaba (August 11, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
@app103:

Where does Dclock2 store user data, such as To Do Lists? Never mind, I see, now.

Arizona Hot:
I presume you are using VLC for movie playing. I have always used Libre Office( and Open Office before that) for general text tasks. Adobe Reader for all .pdf  reading(useful for reading Project Guttenberg books also).  Amazon has some free Kindle books you might be interested in. I have World of Goo and Crayon Physics Deluxe(but I don't know if she likes that kind of thing). Does she like Solitaire?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version