ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TouchPad for PC w/Windows 7 vs. carpal tunnel ?

<< < (6/7) > >>

superboyac:

you serious about the copper band?  I am a little shocked.
-superboyac (July 31, 2015, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

If this is a pun I got a charge out of it.  Don't let anyone give you any static for posting.  I am sure Mouser will insulate you from any negative reaction in spite of his native reluctance to do so in the ordinary case due to your magnetic personality.

-MilesAhead (August 01, 2015, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
lol...glad you picked up on it, almost thought it was too nerdy (I'm an elec engr).
but i am serious about the question...i had dismissed these copper bracelets as nonsense earlier in my life.

lol at the other comments!

i knew about the IUD's (i think they're awsome!).  so maybe there is something to it.  sheesh...i'm so skeptical still.

MilesAhead:
and copper is non-magnetic by the way @MilesAhead, so that pun went South.
-IainB (August 01, 2015, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I fluxxed that one up. 

Shades:
"You're a copper...but no brass material."  :P

IainB:
sheesh...i'm so skeptical still.
-superboyac (August 01, 2015, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

So am I! Stay that way. This is simply another illustration as to how little we know about how things work.
I have no explanation as to how it works, but yet empirically it (fortunately for me, at any rate!) works consistently, and is repeatable. It's not a "miracle".

Similarly, we have little real understanding of how, for example (say) acupuncture actually works, yet empirically it seems to work consistently and is nothing miraculous.
Strangely, many of those who might wish to refute such empiric evidence might apparently happily accept a fantastic hypothesis such as that the universe started with a miraculous "Big Bang", or something.

A good snake-oil salesman knows that once a credulous person accepts a false premise - or a "miracle" - then he will accept a hundred more.

I blame the Old Testament.

bit:
You guys floor me; I'm totally stunned.^^
I made some changes to my diet and got 50% improvement just from that already.
But I'm thinking seriously about a homemade copper wire bracelet, as Tesla's life & accomplishments proved there's way more to the mysteries of the cosmos than anyone ever dreamed.
Also considering an econo- Logitech-clone mouse -but not Logitech- for easier clicking.
The EU (Electronic Universe) postulates that the Sun & stars are electric-powered, which I'm inclined to believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version