ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TouchPad for PC w/Windows 7 vs. carpal tunnel ?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Here's some exercises for tendonitis - disclaimer: I dont know will these help you if your tendons are seriously damaged:

Lifehacker ... have this video embedded
Video podcast - exercises for tendonitis and carpal tunnel which they better describe as "Use exercises to ward off RSI" - they're very good exercises if you spend a lot of time at the keyboard and/or using the mouse -
it feels really good to stretch those tendons ;)
-tomos (November 23, 2009, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (July 30, 2015, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some of those exercises were pretty uncomfortable (but not painful) for me to do. I must be out of shape! ;)

antekgla:
I think what the key to avoid RSI pain is use several types of mouse alternately.
After several years of using a regular mouse in my desktop PC I switch to a notebook with touchpad.
I would dont be one of these people what the first thing when buy a notebook is to add it a mouse.
So a force myself to use only the pad.
After 5 years I note a pain in my pointer finger from the use of the touchpad.
So I bought a Logitech Trackball (to move the ball with the thumb) and I use both.
In mi living room I use the Logitch Trackball, when I am in bed I use the touchpad.
The pain in my pointer finger is gone.

So the key for me is use at least 2 differents mouses/trackballs what exercise different fingers.

bit:
I count myself deeply indebted to the DC community for all your helps.
I've been using my mouse with my left hand today; a little slow and awkward, but giving great relief to my right wrist carpal tunnel symptoms.
I was already steering clear of surgery, and see from comments in vids that it's a good thing to avoid.
The carpal tunnel vid, and others in the sidebar, seem very enlightening from a purely physical therapy -or PT- POV and well worth watching.
The following yoga pose seems like a useful approach (I mean; for the hands and upper body; doing the feet like that would be optional), although of course not the only one, for a purely physical therapy posture, especially if you spend a lot of time sitting at your PC, and not near a wall or tree as in the vid:

IainB:
@bit: As a fellow sufferer of carpal tunnel syndrome, you have my every sympathy. I have used laptops with (variously) a thumb-ball mouse, a central pressure-sensitive joystick, a touchpad, and an ordinary mouse. My preference is for the touchpad, as these are ergonomically the most efficient - especially with, for example, chiral scrolling, the very large system pointer enabled, fast/accelerating pointer movement, constrained movement/direction using the Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys, and tap to lock-and-drag. Furthermore, the touchpad ergonomics definitely minimises the necessary movement of ligaments through the carpal tunnels.

Though I consider homoeopathy to be a fraud (mumbo-jumbo), I became pretty pragmatic about "non-medical" healthcare after the incredible curative effects on me of a couple of "experiments" I put myself through, one of which was wearing a simple copper bracelet (in 1998). Years of chronic back aches and pains, arthritic knee pains and severe chronic tina sinovitis (carpal tunnel syndrome) simply stopped within about 36 hours of putting the bracelet on - and this was at a time when I was in major pain in both arms as a result of aggravating the TS by doing some heavy labouring involving repetitive use of a builder's heavy lump hammer. It was going to take months to get better, and would have needed medication (anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relief).
What a great lifetime relief. Probably no-one was more surprised than me about this. I have given the bracelet to other people with similar aches/pains to try out, and it seems to have had no effect. If I take the bracelet off, then after about 4 weeks or so, the twinges start to come back, but they disappear quickly when I put the bracelet back on. I reckon it's an electro-chemical effect, and luckily it probably makes up for some deficiency in my metabolism.

After years of having to roll out of bed in the mornings due to chronic backache, I am now used to sitting up in bed and getting out of bed like a normal person, again. I never believed that a simple band of Cu could have done that.

bit:
@bit: As a fellow sufferer of carpal tunnel syndrome, you have my every sympathy. I have used laptops with (variously) a thumb-ball mouse, a central pressure-sensitive joystick, a touchpad, and an ordinary mouse. My preference is for the touchpad, as these are ergonomically the most efficient - especially with, for example, chiral scrolling, the very large system pointer enabled, fast/accelerating pointer movement, constrained movement/direction using the Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys, and tap to lock-and-drag. Furthermore, the touchpad ergonomics definitely minimises the necessary movement of ligaments through the carpal tunnels.

Though I consider homoeopathy to be a fraud (mumbo-jumbo), I became pretty pragmatic about "non-medical" healthcare after the incredible curative effects on me of a couple of "experiments" I put myself through, one of which was wearing a simple copper bracelet (in 1998). Years of chronic back aches and pains, arthritic knee pains and severe chronic tina sinovitis (carpal tunnel syndrome) simply stopped within about 36 hours of putting the bracelet on - and this was at a time when I was in major pain in both arms as a result of aggravating the TS by doing some heavy labouring involving repetitive use of a builder's heavy lump hammer. It was going to take months to get better, and would have needed medication (anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relief).
What a great lifetime relief. Probably no-one was more surprised than me about this. I have given the bracelet to other people with similar aches/pains to try out, and it seems to have had no effect. If I take the bracelet off, then after about 4 weeks or so, the twinges start to come back, but they disappear quickly when I put the bracelet back on. I reckon it's an electro-chemical effect, and luckily it probably makes up for some deficiency in my metabolism.

After years of having to roll out of bed in the mornings due to chronic backache, I am now used to sitting up in bed and getting out of bed like a normal person, again. I never believed that a simple band of Cu could have done that.
-IainB (July 31, 2015, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
IainB, can you suggest a touchpad link please?
Also, same for Copper band?

The herbal liniment was from 'Back To Eden' by Jethro Kloss.
I get my herbs such as myrrh, goldenseal, and cayenne red pepper from herbalcom.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version