ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Program Proposal: "File Master" Cataloging Software

<< < (4/5) > >>

woodr2011:
Just in case this might be useful or of interest:
After making the above response, I came across this in my feed-reader: Daminion is a professional photo, video and document management software - gHacks Tech News

Daminion - see Asset Cataloging for Digital Photos, Videos and Documents | Daminion - looks potentially very useful, but I would have to trial it before I knew how good it was for my needs.
-IainB (July 27, 2015, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (July 31, 2015, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Many thanks for the suggestion! I have just downloaded Daminion... It appears quite complicated but what I can tell it relies mostly upon the native properties in Windows for its tagging fields. Please let me know if you can figure out how to add custom columns, tags, etc. I am not seeing the option(s).

skwire:
Many thanks for the suggestion! I have just downloaded Daminion... It appears quite complicated but what I can tell it relies mostly upon the native properties in Windows for its tagging fields. Please let me know if you can figure out how to add custom columns, tags, etc. I am not seeing the option(s)-woodr2011 (July 31, 2015, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

For the record, one of the Daminion co-founders has responded in this DC thread about the application: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26159.0

You might consider asking your question in that thread.   :)

wraith808:
"As you already know"?

It seems that there is subtext in your answers that point to a prior conversation and relationship.

Please elucidate us, so no one will walk into a minefield?
-wraith808 (July 29, 2015, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

No offense was intended by my post. I have nothing but the most sincere admiration for Don and his work with XYplorer--so much so that I will in all likelihood purchase the software when the changes are implemented. Conversely, I feel that, as a consumer, I have the right to keep my options open. Looking at things honestly: I have not signed any contract to purchase XYplorer, nor has Don signed a contract to adapt the software to suit my personal needs and wishes.
-woodr2011 (July 29, 2015, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree totally!  I was just asking as we've had arguments from other boards spill over here before, and considering the inflammatory nature of some of the parts of highend01's response, I wanted anyone that was getting into the thread to know of any subcontext.  I've run into such arguments unknowing before, and it's not fun.

IainB:
This might be worth a look as a basis for comparison with requirements (it's not listed in the thread above): FileBot (I've not tried it out)
FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming your movies, tv shows or anime, and music well as downloading subtitles and artwork. It's smart and just works.

--- End quote ---

Looks a bit like Audiograb for multimedia.

IainB:
WinCatalog 2015 might be worth a purchase/trial: (I'm thinking about it...)
This programme seems to be continually updated :up:
Paid upgrade seems to be only every few years (if you own 2011 version it is still a free upgrade to 2015 version).

2015 version (including updates - "for noncommercial use") currently on offer for $14.99 this week via SharewareOnSale.
-tomos (August 18, 2015, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version