ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: Links to Review and Comments - Add yours

<< < (4/4)

tomos:
Can you put the link in for us? Did PCWorld smash it into one of those infested installer packages or is it a direct link to here?
-TaoPhoenix (May 04, 2013, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

their download link is a pcworld one, but I dont know what exactly the download is.

New PCWorld review:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2033070/review-free-clipboard-help-spell-adds-a-lot-of-power-to-your-clipboard.html

[...]

In truth, most Clipboard Help+Spell users probably won't scratch the surface of this complex and powerful beast. But even if you only use 10% of what it has to offer, you'll still end up with a more powerful and flexible, clipboard. Try it out.
--- End quote ---
-mouser (April 22, 2013, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

mouser:
From ghacks today:

Clipboard Help+Spell’s new Quick Action feature processes Clipboard text automatically for you:
http://www.ghacks.net/2013/11/22/clipboard-helpspells-new-quick-action-feature-processes-clipboard-text-automatically/

RRider:
I've read good stuff about this program, but I can't seem to get it to work well.  It doesn't retain clips beyond a couple days, so of course any attempt to search passed clips is largely fruitless.  Disappointing.

Perhaps the free version is severely disabled. I don't know.

Surely the program works better than that, but I won't take the time to try to figure it out.  I'm using Ditto as my clipboard, which is also clunky in this area, but it works better "out of the box" than this highly touted Clipboard Help+Spell.  

mouser:
Hi RRider, thank you for taking the time to post.

Everyone has different desires from a clipboard tool and there are a lot of them out there -- so no reason you shouldn't keep searching until you find the perfect one for you.

Just a few quick comments:

First, the free version of CHS (like all of our apps) is not limited in any way -- there are no features disabled or restricted.

However, by default CHS is configured to "archive" clips after a certain number of days.  By this I mean that CHS originally puts new clips into the "New" group, but then moves them after a few days from the New to Old group, and then eventually from Old to Trash, and then eventually deleting from Trash).  The purpose here is to make it easier to locate more recent stuff.  NOTE: You can search ALL clips by selected the top "ALL" node.

In addition, CHS by default only show RECENT clips (from the last day or so by default) on the quick paste popup menu.

You can change both of these things.

You can change how often clips are moved from the "New" to the "Old" group in the "Backup/Maintenance" tab.  You can disable this feature completely if you like.

To change the default behavior that only shows recent clips on the quick paste pop-up menu, it's a bit trickier -- unnecessarily complex i would agree: On the menu window right click on the "Quick Paste" group, and choose "Edit this Group", then in the box next to SQL, you can DELETE the phrase "AND CreationDateTime > DateTimeMinusOneDay" or perhaps change it to "AND CreationDateTime > DateTimeMinusThirtyDays"

tomos:
Surely the program works better than that, but I won't take the time to try to figure it out.  I'm using Ditto as my clipboard, which is also clunky in this area, but it works better "out of the box" than this highly touted Clipboard Help+Spell.  
-RRider (June 23, 2014, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
if you are going to use Clipboard Help+Spell,
it is best to go though the options and see what is possible (a lot). Different people are going to want different settings, so if you want a worthwhile app...

You mention ditto:
Ethervane Echo is based on & inspired by Ditto - I like it a lot, but it clashes with an ancient app I need for work, so I gave up on it. Not sure if it's being actively developed any more though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version