ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Caption jpg files

<< < (4/5) > >>

JavaJones:
Well, if you have any interest in reducing the number of applications you have installed, and the number of UIs you have to deal with for various tasks (in this case particularly image-related tasks), then I would definitely suggest giving XnView a try as default image viewer. It has a fairly wide variety of options which should allow you to set it up as you like it, including scaling and single-instance options. And it is, in my experience, also quite fast, both on initial open and on moving forward/backward between images as it has some simple caching and read-ahead stuff (optional), and also I think the newer MP version might be even faster...

- Oshyan

MilesAhead:
At first I was annoyed that I could not paste an image in XnView.  That is what I use Irfanview for most often.  Then I found it is Import from Clipboard instead.  Works fine.

As I learn to use Paint.NET more I think I will depend on Irfanview much less.  Plus once you have to mess with Layers you might as well go with a bull blown paint type application.

Shades:
Irfanview is very fast and can edit images just as MS Paint can, besides having a very similar feature-set when compared with XnView. It is also portable...you can copy the irfanview folder you installed in one computer to another computer and IrfanView will work without problems.

With so much similar features between these two viewers/editors, it doesn't matter that much what you prefer. For me, IrfanView is the "devil I know" as I have been using it for over 15 years.

MilesAhead:
Irfanview is very fast and can edit images just as MS Paint can, besides having a very similar feature-set when compared with XnView. It is also portable...you can copy the irfanview folder you installed in one computer to another computer and IrfanView will work without problems.

With so much similar features between these two viewers/editors, it doesn't matter that much what you prefer. For me, IrfanView is the "devil I know" as I have been using it for over 15 years.
-Shades (July 31, 2015, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have used Irfanview for a long time also.  But I see no need to delete it just because I added XnView.  If I was squeezing everything into an SSD that may be another matter.  But even they are supposed to explode with big time storage at commodity prices very soon.

John Alaska:
Thanks JavaJones. It worked like a champ, after about 20 minutes of trying to get the right parameters for positioning the text correct.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version