ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > System Path Commander

Suggestion for Help File / _README

(1/1)

AKE:
Love the program.  Suggest a notice somewhere prominent (README.txt, spc.chm main page, startup message) that reminds the user that the program needs to be run as ADMINISTRATOR in order to work.
Cheers,
AKE

tomos:
Love the program.  Suggest a notice somewhere prominent (README.txt, spc.chm main page, startup message) that reminds the user that the program needs to be run as ADMINISTRATOR in order to work.
Cheers,
AKE
-AKE (July 24, 2015, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

did you donwload it here?
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/Spc/

The page should at least say how old it is (circa 2005 - which would explain no warnings about that kind of thing...)

AKE:
did you donwload it here?
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/Spc/

The page should at least say how old it is (circa 2005 - which would explain no warnings about that kind of thing...)
--- End quote ---

Yes, fair point that the software isn't going to be repackaged to add the message. 

Presumably the download page is easy enough to modify?  A notice there would enhance the usage: currently it states Win2K, WinXP, but the program in fact works fine on Win7 and Win8.1 -- provided it is given administrator privileges.

I'd be happy to modify the page text myself (to put action behind the suggestion)  ;)

Cheers,
AKE

tomos:
Presumably the download page is easy enough to modify?  A notice there would enhance the usage: currently it states Win2K, WinXP, but the program in fact works fine on Win7 and Win8.1 -- provided it is given administrator privileges.

I'd be happy to modify the page text myself (to put action behind the suggestion)  ;)
-AKE (July 27, 2015, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

that would be nice to be able to do, but unfortunately we cant.**
The site is being upgraded at the moment, so may be better this way in the future, (but I'm not sure).

** message for any moderators &/or mouser:
dont know can moderators do that? (modify an abandoned dc software page?)
This forum board does not name any particular moderator, but I presume it was originally the author (chr15).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version