ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Research Note-Taking Program (MindMapper)

<< < (2/4) > >>

vevola:
I read some of the posts on the other thread you mention, but I haven't found any software that also allows to work with bibliography.

Might you suggest other software that might serve my needs (see first post on this thread)?

Thx!

urlwolf:
well, any software that works with text can do the copy-paste trick from endnote. The only problem is that to get thie 'finished' format where the bibliography is added to the end of the page, etc you need to go to word and use the endnote plugin there.

So I'd say that any text editor/notetaking program would do the trick.

vevola:
Are there any other ideas or suggestions, please?

Ruffnekk:
This is the second time today that I encounter a thread like this. About three weeks ago I started a major (personal) project to write an 'outliner' application. I need an application myself to organise my notes, outline documents and books I'm writing, etc. What I've come up with so far is an application that can have one project open at a time. A project however may consist of any number of documents. Each document may consist of any number of files. Each file consists of headers, and each header in turn consists of paragraphs. That is the basic idea.

Each paragraph can have notes attached to it which are not meant for publishing when the document is exported or printed. Each paragraph can also have footnotes attached, which should be printed in the final document.

I've picked up many ideas from several threads over the last few weeks and since I'm still at the beginning of developing the application, any other ideas are welcome for implementation. I don't have a lot of experience with these applications so any ideas are very welcome!

Vevola, I put your ideas on my to-do list and I'm researching the bibliography formats now. If you have any more suggestions... (just don't expect my application to be finished any time soon, it may take 4-6 months before I can release a Beta).

Anyone interested in this topic and have ideas I can put on my to-do list, please send me a message or reply on the thread. Maybe together we can produce something everyone can benefit from...

brett:
Hi Ruffneck

This link is geared more towards writing novels, but its worth a look (and freeware)
http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter.html

It could probably be adapted for a number of uses.

He has a number of other useful utilities as well.

brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version