ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's living in your taskbar notification area right now?

<< < (11/17) > >>

Curt:
-no, not any Start6/7/8/9 from Stardock. Unfortunately I have not kept any emails or History from my part of Start10's story, so I can only give you the two normal links: https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/ and "Features + Download" (incl. "Own Start8? Click "here" to find out if you qualify for Start10 upgrade pricing:")

-------------
It's the second time I am testing my licensed Clipdiary... The first time I was too upset about the default hotkey, so I soon lost patience: Ctrl+Shift+Arrow_Up/Down can in my head not be a key to use in a clipboard. Now I have finally produced the necessary amount of patience it took to change the key combination, so after a couple of years of separation, I am using Clipdiary again. Only in a couple of weeks or months will I know if I want to keep using it. I might have more clipboards than brain cells.

Deozaan:
FYI, I don't see anything about a Last BIOS time in Windows 10, so that may not have survived.-Deozaan (August 09, 2015, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's specific system requirements that need to be available before it shows up from what I gather, one of them seems to be a UEFI BIOS.

The only system running W10 atm is my netbook which, like yours, is too old for UEFI, as such it doesn't show the Last BIOS time info.
My main system is still W8.1 but has a UEFI BIOS so that's where the screenshot came from, so as yet I can't precisely tell you if it occurs in W10 or not.

There may be other requirements, eg. someone mentioned GPT formatted HDD, mine are all MBR so that appears to be wrong.
-4wd (August 09, 2015, 11:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is veering off topic, but I have Windows 10 on my netbook (BIOS) and on my desktop (UEFI). The screenshot I posted above of the Task Manager was from my desktop machine with UEFI. So either that feature has been removed from Windows 10 (or just moved to somewhere else in the OS) or there are other requirements my computer doesn't meet.

DeXXus:

* Join.me (can't figure out how to disable launch on startup)-Deozaan (July 22, 2015, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run -> join.me.launcher

Of course, whenever you use it, it adds it back :(
-wraith808 (July 23, 2015, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't run the software, but perhaps renaming the launcher (brute force) is the way to go ? (but then you'd still have to do it after every update)

wraith808:

* Join.me (can't figure out how to disable launch on startup)-Deozaan (July 22, 2015, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run -> join.me.launcher

Of course, whenever you use it, it adds it back :(
-wraith808 (July 23, 2015, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't run the software, but perhaps renaming the launcher (brute force) is the way to go ? (but then you'd still have to do it after every update)
-DeXXus (August 14, 2015, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Whenever you use it, it adds it back.

Deozaan:
Windows 10 Task Manager has a new Startup tab where you can see and enable/disable your startup items. Nice!
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (August 08, 2015, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't e-enable it for me in Windows 10 when I disable it this way.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version