ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NAS software and limitations

(1/2) > >>

Contro:

Hello everyone

NAS are for writing and reading ?
Are NTFS file formated ?
Can I execute from a NAS a database and read in my pc ?

Best Regards
 :-*

Dirhael:
Think of a NAS as a *nix (or Windows) machine without a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected. That's pretty much what most of them are. Of course, the models aimed at the consumer market usually don't have the latest and greatest CPU and such, but they can do pretty much anything you can do on any other type of server (depending on what OS and hardware your chosen NAS have).

Contro:
I don't understand.
By example :
For windows ...
Not android, not ubuntu i use too.
Can I access to the NAS to write data in an open database in that storage ?

Can I even write data is the database is conrolled by an android program ?

Best Regards

P.D. all my doubts come for consider the information aboutr FreeNAS and limitations about writing and reading data

Contro:
What i suspect is that a NAS is prepared to receive or give file to differents devices under differents operating systems....

Ubuntu is able to read NTFS, but windows need additional addons....
I can automate surfing in my mobile android except is rooted (i think)

So NAS is really for backup and play too. Or play with some limitations ?

Dirhael:
I don't understand.
By example :
For windows ...
Not android, not ubuntu i use too.
Can I access to the NAS to write data in an open database in that storage ?

Can I even write data is the database is conrolled by an android program ?

Best Regards

P.D. all my doubts come for consider the information aboutr FreeNAS and limitations about writing and reading data

-Contro (July 21, 2015, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Personally, I'm using an Asustor AS-608T with 6x4TB HDD's in RAID 5 (formatted as NTFS). I have MySQL running 24/7, and have been doing so for about a year now without any issues, nor do I expect any that I wouldn't run into with any other server at some point or another. I access the NAS with a variety of devices, ranging from iPhones/iPads, Android phones and tablets, PC's running Linux, Windows and my MacBook. Heck, I even have my Nexus Player (Android TV) access the device. It doesn't matter to the devices what file system the NAS itself is running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version