ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera and Gmail users might like this

(1/2) > >>

jgpaiva:
Ok... You use opera and gmail?
What's the single thing that most anoys you about gmail?
Wait... Don't tell me... It's the damn tab always gaining focus after the gmail page has opened!

Ok, so, here's the solution: go to:

Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content -> JavaScript options -> Allow raising of windows
And no more of that anoying behaviour!!

(found here)

Rover:
sweet!  I haven't actually had this problem yet, but as I've just started using Opera, I'm sure I would've soon.  Gmail is one of my startup tabs :)

urlwolf:
Well, for me the most annoying thing is that I cannot use advaced mode and hit ´back´ becaue it gets stuck on "loading". I use gmail in standard html mode... or I have to hit reload after back everytime. Do you have that problem?

jgpaiva:
Well, for me the most annoying thing is that I cannot use advaced mode and hit ´back´ becaue it gets stuck on "loading". I use gmail in standard html mode... or I have to hit reload after back everytime. Do you have that problem?
-urlwolf (June 25, 2006, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, i know what you refer! Yeah, i've had that before. I've grown used to it, though. I don't press the back button on gmail anymore.

I've digged a bit, and found out that the back button works on ie and firefox.
I also found that the fact that it doesn't work in opera, is related to an option the opera people took, in order to maintain another feature (i believe related somehow to the fast history in opera,but not sure, digg a bit if you'd like to know more).

So, i just hope they'll fix it asap :)
For now, i'm happy with not having gmail stealing the focus anymore! (i hate apps that do that!  :trout:)

Mark0:
One thing I see in Opera (both 8 and 9) with Gmail is that it's constantly reloading the little bitmaps that makes the rounded frames of the messages. It's very annoying because it become very slow.
I tried to play a bit with the various cache settings and the like, but it keep doing it.
Happens to me only?

Thanks,
Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version