ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I need a physics/chemistry/engineering/science forum

<< < (4/6) > >>

wraith808:
If you don't explain yourself they pretty much chastise you but if you do then they want clarification, they take this to the extreme.

My question is

edit.php and post-new.php take a long time to load
--- End quote ---

The rest is explanation, which will be asked if I don't post them initially any way.

The 'problem', if there is any, is that the question will be lost in the crowd if not answered quickly, they know it and if they make the effort to insist on clarification they should come back to read it.

-rgdot (August 03, 2015, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it is lost, and you don't come up with a solution, there is always the option to place a bounty on it.

And in my humble opinion, that bit that you posted as a question, isn't really one.  I can help you workshop it into a good question, if you'd like, but you have to be able to explain it to me for me to be able to do so, and I didn't really get the question from reading either.

rgdot:
Please help if you can.

The topic says decrease load and at the end it says what I think causes the load, so is there a way to remove it (it should be removable but how).
Frankly the rest is not needed, but if I don't post 'the rest' - in either a more or less understandable way - there is even less chance of an answer. I explained my setup (number of pages, how the pages were created and the settings I turned off)

So yes if you find the time please let me know.

wraith808:
Ok, so the first thing to do is to get your question down to the minimum.  Then we can flesh it out.

If you were asking your question to someone standing in front of you who didn't have a lot of time, what would you ask?

rgdot:
It's straight from the browser's view source of edit.php (a new install, no activated plugins), of course I added the dots there to not post the 4000 long list.

If you were asking your question to someone standing in front of you who didn't have a lot of time, what would you ask?
--- End quote ---

Can I remove these lines with a filter because I don't see why the whole page list is loading everytime (and it loads in the page source only by the way)

wraith808:
First, I don't think the number of posts is the problem.  It's a red herring.

Try this in mysql (or let me know if you've already done it)

--- Code: Text ---REPAIR TABLE wp_posts QUICK
The code that you posted is just to show the posts in the edit page so that you can hyperlink to them and edit.  I've seen sites with more posts than that not take nearly that long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version