ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I need a physics/chemistry/engineering/science forum

(1/6) > >>

kalos:
hello!
I need a science forum with high knowledge people
I tried some forums that either were dead or very hostile, like stackexchange
is there any good?
thanks!

rgdot:
You might have better luck on Google+ communities or Facebook groups these days. Search those two places if you can, not traditional message boards.

And yes stackexchange is a joke, they spend more energy on asking you to write your question properly than trying to help you find answers. By a huge margin.

kalos:
thanks I will search there!

I am also glad there is someone else who finds stackexchange a joke! these people are nazis! their automated screening didn't allow me to post a question no matter how I rephrased it, and after managing to post two questions, they banned me after my second question without a valid reason (they told me I should take a break lol)

wraith808:
You might have better luck on Google+ communities or Facebook groups these days. Search those two places if you can, not traditional message boards.

And yes stackexchange is a joke, they spend more energy on asking you to write your question properly than trying to help you find answers. By a huge margin.
-rgdot (July 17, 2015, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

StackExchange is a venue for a very specific type of Q&A format, and for that format, it is a very good resource.  You just have to know if your needs fit that type of format.  And it is very dependent on the specific community.  I've had very good experience there.

kalos:
don't know about stackexchange, but when I posted a physics question, a "Dr." answered like a noob

what is that specific format anyway?

and why they stick to specific format?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version