ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I need a physics/chemistry/engineering/science forum

<< < (5/6) > >>

rgdot:
First, I don't think the number of posts is the problem.  It's a red herring.

Try this in mysql (or let me know if you've already done it)

--- Code: Text ---REPAIR TABLE wp_posts QUICK
The code that you posted is just to show the posts in the edit page so that you can hyperlink to them and edit.  I've seen sites with more posts than that not take nearly that long.
-wraith808 (August 03, 2015, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

No difference after running that query.

Currently edit.php?post_type=page is set to list 5 pages at a time, and the 5 pages are listed and I can click on them to edit, but the page source lists all 4000 pages.  

That code is definitely set to run on all WordPress installs, I just checked my personal few year old site (which has less pages), .... all pages are listed in the source in the same way.

rgdot:
Can I PM you login details to the site tosee how edit.php?post_type=page looks in the browser and how it looks when you view source?

wraith808:
Can I PM you login details to the site tosee how edit.php?post_type=page looks in the browser and how it looks when you view source?
-rgdot (August 03, 2015, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can, but I still think you're looking at a red herring.  I understand where you're talking about now- it uses the query option at the end of the string to formulate the UI for the page.  I have the same code on mine on several sites- one of them has more pages than yours.  And I'm not experiencing the same problems.  It's just text- it shouldn't slow down your site, as it's not following to other requests. There's something else going on that's causing your problem.

rgdot:
If it's not the pages list then I am not sure, I have several other WP sites on same server - also another on same host with equal or lower (I think it's lower RAM) specs - and all of them with many activated plugins, a couple even with deleted plugins which have tables left in the database...basically more stuff and junk that I never cleaned up. No problems on any of those, none have this many pages though.

I will PM you details, please have a look if you have time today. If you can't see anything I will see what I can do. Thanks.

wraith808:
I don't see anything obvious, other than the lag.

Three more troubleshooting steps I could suggest:

1. Run the posts query to see how long it's taking.  That's all that is in the edit.php- it did a query, then formatted it with the options, i.e. select * from wp_posts where post_type = "page"
2. Create a plugin script, and try to replicate what the php script is doing in creating the posts by query, i.e.
$querystr = "SELECT * FROM $wpdb->posts as wpost ORDER BY wpost.post_date DESC";
$pageposts = $wpdb->get_results($querystr, OBJECT);
3. Then in your plugin, change it so that it's getting them by using the wp_query engine, i.e.
<?php $args = array(
   'sort_order' => 'asc',
   'sort_column' => 'post_title',
   'hierarchical' => 1,
   'exclude' => '',
   'include' => '',
   'meta_key' => '',
   'meta_value' => '',
   'authors' => '',
   'child_of' => 0,
   'parent' => -1,
   'exclude_tree' => '',
   'number' => '',
   'offset' => 0,
   'post_type' => 'page',
   'post_status' => 'publish'
);
$pages = get_pages($args);
?>
4. Last, create the site from scratch, do the import, and see if you get the same problem.

I really do think it's something with database performance, and you can't check that kind of stuff from the wp admin.

Sorry I wasn't of more help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version