ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Taskbar and windows 8.1

<< < (4/6) > >>

Contro:
lol, ^ that's^ a bit harsh Curt, even if I wouldnt go for that style of taskbar myself either...

@Contro,
trying to use a taskbar of that height, on a laptop with 1366x768 is not realistic, in my opinion. I think it would be impossible to avoid problems with it.
Would you consider putting your taskbar on the side, if you really want to have it always on display (I havent done this myself so dont know how well it works on Windows 8).
-tomos (July 14, 2015, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am trying to adapt to the new situation with a sliding taskbar appearing and dissapearing.

I use several programs with this window problem. Acronis and autocad have problems.
 :-\

Contro:
@Contro,
trying to use a taskbar of that height, on a laptop with 1366x768 is not realistic, in my opinion. I think it would be impossible to avoid problems with it.
Would you consider putting your taskbar on the side, if you really want to have it always on display (I havent done this myself so dont know how well it works on Windows 8).
-tomos (July 14, 2015, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am using a triple height taskbar myself.  Works fine.  The issue I could see would be programs with a non-sizable window that expect to have more height to work with.  But I haven't run into one of those in some time.

In fact MoveIt should get the window small enough to get at the edges to resize it.  I changed it so you can hold down the middle mouse button anywhere on a window.  It does not have to be on caption bar anymore.

Contro get the newest MoveIt and hold down middle mouse button on a window and press the letter 'c' to resize inside the Work Area.  Disable Taskbar AutoHide is needed for MoveIt to get the work area size(which is what you use anyway like me.)

-MilesAhead (July 14, 2015, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot Miles.

But the central wheel pressure is for launch my main program : Goldmine.

Sure is configurable, but I would like to know if these windows are scalable because seems only prepared for one size and not sizeable.

Best Regards
 :-*

MilesAhead:
Sure is configurable, but I would like to know if these windows are scalable because seems only prepared for one size and not sizeable.
-Contro (July 14, 2015, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can also Winkey left click, then press a letter such as 'c' anywhere on the window.
Click on the MoveIt tray icon once for About Box with the hotkeys.

Contro:
Miles I don't see clear.
Is able moveit of re-scale a window ?
Because the problem is with windows than in the selected resolution are very big i think...

:-[

MilesAhead:
Miles I don't see clear.
Is able moveit of re-scale a window ?
Because the problem is with windows than in the selected resolution are very big i think...

:-[
-Contro (July 14, 2015, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please just try Winkey click l on a window and see if it snaps to the left half of the desktop.  If not then it doesn't work. If yes then you can manually resize it.  You can click anywhere on the window to change the size if the window is resizable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version