ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Taskbar and windows 8.1

<< < (3/6) > >>

Curt:
Maybe not install new programs for this just yet. Your taskbar looks like shit, and you say WinKey+Left_Arrow doesn't work. I think you should fix these two problems, before you do anything else.

MilesAhead:
Turn snap on or off:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-turn-snap-on-or-off

tomos:
lol, ^ that's^ a bit harsh Curt, even if I wouldnt go for that style of taskbar myself either...

@Contro,
trying to use a taskbar of that height, on a laptop with 1366x768 is not realistic, in my opinion. I think it would be impossible to avoid problems with it.
Would you consider putting your taskbar on the side, if you really want to have it always on display (I havent done this myself so dont know how well it works on Windows 8).

MilesAhead:
@Contro,
trying to use a taskbar of that height, on a laptop with 1366x768 is not realistic, in my opinion. I think it would be impossible to avoid problems with it.
Would you consider putting your taskbar on the side, if you really want to have it always on display (I havent done this myself so dont know how well it works on Windows 8).
-tomos (July 14, 2015, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am using a triple height taskbar myself.  Works fine.  The issue I could see would be programs with a non-sizable window that expect to have more height to work with.  But I haven't run into one of those in some time.

In fact MoveIt should get the window small enough to get at the edges to resize it.  I changed it so you can hold down the middle mouse button anywhere on a window.  It does not have to be on caption bar anymore.

Contro get the newest MoveIt and hold down middle mouse button on a window and press the letter 'c' to resize inside the Work Area.  Disable Taskbar AutoHide is needed for MoveIt to get the work area size(which is what you use anyway like me.)

Contro:
Maybe not install new programs for this just yet. Your taskbar looks like shit, and you say WinKey+Left_Arrow doesn't work. I think you should fix these two problems, before you do anything else.

-Curt (July 14, 2015, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh so. My system is new. The portatile is new. Under windows 7 in my old portatile no problem with the taskbar size 3

At least one time i have a fucking shit problem with such conditions....

Best Regards
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version