ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you resist buying ever more powerful PCs?

<< < (7/7)

Ath:
the Lenovo Flex 2 15 that I could actually see
-x16wda (September 07, 2015, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, then thoroughly check out the mouse/track-pad as my Lenovo (y580) has a really crappy one, when pressing one of the 'buttons' the mouse moves because you're touching the touch-pad...
The Full-HD screen is quite good though.

JavaJones:
the Lenovo Flex 2 15 that I could actually see
-x16wda (September 07, 2015, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, then thoroughly check out the mouse/track-pad as my Lenovo (y580) has a really crappy one, when pressing one of the 'buttons' the mouse moves because you're touching the touch-pad...
The Full-HD screen is quite good though.
-Ath (September 08, 2015, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Combining touch pad surface and buttons is the bane of my laptop experience. Macs do it decently, but overall I think it's a bad idea done largely in the name of aesthetics. Is it "convenient" to be able to "click anywhere"? Maybe, slightly, but I think it's more *useful* to know exactly where you can click *and not have any chance of moving the cursor*. Not to mention operations like click-and-drag, etc. Clearly the touchpad-as-button paradigm is not the end-all-be-all...

- Oshyan

wraith808:
Macs do it decently,
-JavaJones (September 08, 2015, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bite your tongue! I had a macbook pro for years, and that touchpad was the bane of my existence!

JavaJones:
Macs do it decently,
-JavaJones (September 08, 2015, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bite your tongue! I had a macbook pro for years, and that touchpad was the bane of my existence!
-wraith808 (September 08, 2015, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eep! Well, in my limited experience they do a better job than most PC laptops, but yes not perfect. The whole idea is just lame though IMO. Macs did it for aesthetics, I'm nearly sure of it (they can argue the one-button vs. two thing all day, but Macs now support right-click, so I thumb my nose at that argument), and like sheep the PC manufacturers followed.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version