ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you resist buying ever more powerful PCs?

<< < (6/7) > >>

superboyac:
I can't spend any more money for a while because I'm saving for my girl friend's 18th birthday present.

Yeah, I'm 81 years old--gotta problem with that? ;)
-jadinolf (September 06, 2015, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D

MilesAhead:
I can't spend any more money for a while because I'm saving for my girl friend's 18th birthday present.

Yeah, I'm 81 years old--gotta problem with that? ;)
-jadinolf (September 06, 2015, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it the 18th present or the 18th birthday?

But like they say, if you have your health that's the important thing.  Especially with an 18 year old girlfriend.  ;)
Oh and quit braggin;.  :)

Edvard:
I finally splurged on a new PC.  A brand spankin-refurbished Intel Core 2 Duo machine with 4 gigs RAM, 1TB hard drive and a Radeon HD6450 video card; all from Walmart.com for under 200 bucks! (well, it was an overtime paycheck, so we bought 3 of them) 
Oh, she was a beaut... I say "was" because out of the 3 machines we got, mine was the one that went toes-up (I returned it and ordered a replacement as soon as I figured out it was actually broken, and not a fault of the OS).  To be expected, it being a refurb and all, but it IS an upgrade from what I had.  So... NO I didn't resist the temptation, but I DID upgrade to what I could afford.
 :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I just purchased another new PC.  What?  I don't have problems. >.>

I liked my inspiron 7000, so I'm giving it to my daughter, and getting an XPS 13.

Like I said...

I don't resist.  ;D
-wraith808 (July 14, 2015, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:;D

x16wda:
I can resist buying for me (especially since I used termination pay to pick up an HP 17" with an i7 and 16gb of memory a few years ago), however my daughter's laptop (admittedly a really-cheap Lenovo from a few years ago) now has a broken screen hinge, and my wife has decided that her current laptop (Toshiba 17" screen with an AMD A6) is too big and heavy. I'm looking at various options, hopefully the same unit will work for both of them. I wish someone local had the Lenovo Flex 2 15 that I could actually see, since it has a 1920x1080 display and all the others I'm looking at are 1366x768. I want roughly i5 performance, but my daughter might trade some performance for a touchscreen. Tough choices, but I am going to make them choose so I'm off the hook.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version