ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Jaikoz Audio Tagger, what are your thoughts?

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
I too use Mp3tag. I am however not impressed that after all these years, there is still no way to say "[Album Artist] same as [Artist]"
--------------

@superboyac
how did the audio fingerprinting / "Music Identification via Sound Card" turn out to be like? Can it recognize music from YouTube? My "competitor" is wrong a lot more often than right.

--------------
By the way, almost related link: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=39478.msg377307#msg377307

-Curt (July 14, 2015, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've never attempted id'ing files like that, using the soundcard audio.  SO I can't really say.  From what I know, I'd be highly skeptical of it, so much so I don't even care to try it, lol!!

mp3tag has been around for so long, wow!  Yea, it's been the best of the best for quite a while, impressive.  I still use Tag&Rename for that sort of work because I have some very specific interface complaints.

Jaikoz does some pretty fancy things.  I wouldn't consider it my everyday use application for tagging, but the more I use it, the more I like it.  It is a relatively "advanced" software, however.
What's good about it is being able to select the tags and fields like an excel spreadsheet.  You can also make changes and preview them before applying them, in a very powerful way.  For me, it's best when I have to update or modify a very large collection of files, so only once in a while.

But what I'm saying is, let's say I run the auto-correct function.  Well, it offers thousands of changes...spelling corrections, artwork changes, added fields, etc.  I can preview all this on the big screen (color coded) and I can say for each individual field "No, leave that one alone" or select a group of random fields and also cancel those changes while leaving the rest intact.  Then, once everything is perfect, you apply all the changes at once.

It's like Oscar's Renamer for text files, but for mp3.  If that makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version