ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Text Modification Issues Updating - question/issue/bug

(1/1)

AEngineer:
I believe CHS (2.29.0) has a minor, but annoying bug.

One thing I typically like to do is remove all blank lines from a clip.  I found that "Trimming and Wrapping"  with "extra lines" and "even between par" does exactly what I want - hooray.
I see in the preview that it looks the way I want and click accept.
I then immediately use Ctrl-Alt-Q to bring up the dialog and paste that item.  It pastes in the original form rather than in the form with line breaks removed.  Bad

If, however, I copy something else into the clipboard between cleaning up my text then what pastes is cleaned up.

BTW - Clipmate has long been my invaluable assistant, but so far (first day) it appears Mouser has performed his usual magic with CHS.  It caused me to donate again.

mouser:
Glad to hear you are liking it!!

That sounds like a bug, let me try to investigate what might be happening..

Having said that, I have a much easier workflow for you if you are doing this often:

Go to the Modify Format dialog as you are doing, and SAVE your settings as a preset, and give it a nice name, like "Remove Blanks".
Ok now copy your clip to the clipboard, and go to where you want to paste it, and hit Ctrl+Alt+Q to bring up quick paste menu,
then hit T for "Formatting Presets" submenu, and choose your saved preset "Remove Blanks", and it should do the action and then paste it in your target app.

Notes:
1. This won't change the clip in CHS
2. This can also be used to change text in place -- so you can go to your text editor, select some text, and then do Ctrl+Alt+Q and select the transformation and it will first copy the clip, then transform it, then paste it over original.  This is the fastest way to change text in place.

AEngineer:
OK.  Again, thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version