ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinToFlash Pro Sale 7USD

<< < (2/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Not clear if you can convert any iso bootable cd image into an USB...

MilesAhead:
You can get a free key here:
http://www.mostiwant.com/wintoflash-professional-edition-free-full-version-license-key/

It works with the pro version from the publisher's site.  No free updates or support though.

mwb1100:
No free updates or support though.
-MilesAhead (July 20, 2015, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another limitation is that the license expires: The Giveaway license is only good up to December 31, 2015.
--- End quote ---

I would assume that bootable USB devices created would not expire though. You just won't be able to create new ones (or maybe the software reverts to the free version with ads?).

MilesAhead:
No free updates or support though.
-MilesAhead (July 20, 2015, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another limitation is that the license expires: The Giveaway license is only good up to December 31, 2015.
--- End quote ---

I would assume that bootable USB devices created would not expire though. You just won't be able to create new ones (or maybe the software reverts to the free version with ads?).
-mwb1100 (July 20, 2015, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know.  They do so many variations on these giveaways.  Not that this one does me much good.  Unfortunately my Laptop does not have the combination setting of Legacy plus UEFI booting. It is one or the other.  Windows 7 x64 install USB I made with Rufus boots if I have legacy enabled, until I get to the reboot part.  Then I get the "please insert bootable media" message.  If I flip it the other way only the HD boots.  Can't win.  And since it will not successfully run a Restore Point I have given up on experimental booting.  I guess I'm lucky the Rescue USB  made by Macrium works.

It is too bad.  I was hoping to boot into VHD with this thing instead of running super slow software VMs.

MilesAhead:
Since there is a free (registered)version without ads I don't think it likely the giveaway pro version degrades to free with ads after the license deadline(I saw the comments section but the answer seems cavalier to me.) More likley the license key will not work to register the software after that time.  The only way to know for sure would be to contect the publisher.  I would be ccurious to see how this tool compares to Rufus but I don't have the system for testing this type of utility at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version