ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Request: Deepdream frontend.

<< < (8/11) > >>

Deozaan:
I increased the available RAM for my VM to 8GB and it seems to be nearly (!) working now. I just ran another test and got permission issues when saving the output file. I'm not sure which permissions I should be granting myself (or why I don't have permission to write files into my own Home directory) but I just tried some things and am running another test. I think once I get the permissions issue(s) figured out, I'll be good to go with my own DeepStyle generator. :)

Deozaan:
It worked!

I used a 3264x1840 content image and a 1920x1200 style image and the output is mysteriously only 512x288. Weird. I was hoping for something I could use as a wallpaper.

Anyway, here are the inputs and the output:

Content image is a photo that my parents took of the Grand Canyon:

Request:  Deepdream frontend.  

Style image is one of my many Vlad Studio wallpapers:

And the output:

It actually output 10 different images. I'm not sure what they are. But it seems to be progressively refined until it gets to the final output image. The last few are almost indistinguishable from the final image. Here are some of the other images it output while building the final image:

EDIT: I looked at the readme.md and found another parameter I need to pass in to increase the image size. -image_size [width-size]. I suspect that going larger than the default 512 will result in more memory-related failures though. . .

EDIT 2: Yup. I tried 1920 and it gave me that "Killed" error. I tried it again at 1024 and it said something about running out of memory. Too bad... Maybe it would work better on real hardware. It'd be nice to dedicate my entire 16GB RAM to it. I wonder if it would work setting it all up from a LiveCD boot. . .

Deozaan:
I made another one with the same content image and a different source image:

Style image:

Output:

And here are some of the images leading up to the final image:

mouser:
great work, deo.  :up:

maybe you can post a little tutorial on how you got it all running..

Deozaan:
great work, deo.  :up:

maybe you can post a little tutorial on how you got it all running..
-mouser (October 04, 2015, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I pretty much just followed the tutorial, with a few slight changes where it didn't go into detail or was wrong (such as it forgetting to tell you to go into the DeepStyle\neural-style directory before typing in a command, or what permissions to give yourself). Then I cranked up the RAM of the VM to 8GB. I heard from someone else that it will work with slightly less RAM.

It takes a long time. I'm not sure exactly how long because I don't babysit it. I just finished another one while typing this up, and it took a little over  2 hours. But maybe that's dependent on the source & style images.

Someone please give me more interesting images to try out on this thing. :)

Here's my latest result. Same Grand Canyon Image, but this time in the style of a Legend of Zelda wallpaper:

Style Image:

Output image:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version