ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (26/32) > >>

mouser:
I've turned off the use of a search index on the search, because the search results were so poor with the index enabled.  Not having wordzilla's custom search code is a shame.

phitsc:
mouser, I'm note sure if your ignorance of my suggestion means disapproval, or if you're still considering, or if you just did not see it? I'm ok with either but if something in line with what I've suggested would be an idea worth persuing then the community would need some lead time for preparation of such content.

KynloStephen66515:
Ok, was searching this thread because I wanted to make a suggestion: how about we come up with some original content to celebrate the switch to a proper cms. Was thinking about stuff like reviews, short stories, new SW, member discounts, whatever.
-phitsc (September 02, 2015, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean this suggestion Phil?  We are working like mad on the CMS at the moment and I fear mousers brain is close to exploding with everything that needs doing so he may have simply overlooked it :)

phitsc:
Ok, was searching this thread because I wanted to make a suggestion: how about we come up with some original content to celebrate the switch to a proper cms. Was thinking about stuff like reviews, short stories, new SW, member discounts, whatever.
--- End quote ---

Do you mean this suggestion Phil?  We are working like mad on the CMS at the moment and I fear mousers brain is close to exploding with everything that needs doing so he may have simply overlooked it :)
-Stephen66515 (September 03, 2015, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's the one :Thmbsup:

Thought it would be a shame to have an all shiny and new CMS but only old stuff to put into it  ;)

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

-Stephen66515 (September 03, 2015, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's the one :Thmbsup:

Thought it would be a shame to have an all shiny and new CMS but only old stuff to put into it  ;)
-phitsc (September 03, 2015, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

One of the aims behind the move to CMS is to make it easier for content writers to be able to upload their articles to the site and have them features in a nice way (Which will also be auto-posted to all the DC Social Network accounts to raise viewership!) so - from my perspective on this...please write as many new articles as you can possibly write!  The more, the merrier! - There are already sections set up in order to accommodate these articles and there will be a help file available for formatting options!

At the moment, work is slowly progressing on the CMS as we bring over all of the current static pages (mousers software pages and such things) - Now that the design stage has been (almost) finalized, that content will be far faster for us to add and the CMS should be here in no time at all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version