ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (13/32) > >>

wraith808:
I always use "unread since last visit" — it's my main point of entry to DC. I'd be really sorry to see that go  :(
-cranioscopical (July 26, 2015, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see why it would be useful... those days when I have 4 pages of threads because I haven't been religiously reading them, but I want a place to wade in.

mouser:
Ok so those of you who use "unread since last visit" -- you click on the text link near your avatar, is that right?

And not the "UNREAD POSTS" button on the button bar, right (as that one is not "since last visit")?

My original intention was to get rid of the links under to the right of the avatar, and keep the button going to all unread -- but it sounds like a decent number of regular users are using both links, so i have to find a way to add them both to the homepage.  I guess the most reasonable way is to leave those 2 links underto the right of the avatar.  Alternatively i could just make the button go to "Unread sine last visit", which has a link to the other.

ewemoa:
My original intention was to get rid of the links under the avatar, and keep the button going to all unread
-mouser (July 26, 2015, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't quite follow what you meant here by "links under the avatar" -- would you mind elaborating?

mouser:
See my screenshot above.

Essentially there are 2 links to the unread pages.  The first is the text links TO THE RIGHT OF (not underneath) your avatar at top of page.
There is also an UNREAD button on the buttonbar at top of page.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the clarification.

For my part, I'd be willing to go with whatever is easiest to implement first, try that out for a while and then make loud noises if I didn't adjust to it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version