ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (4/32) > >>

mouser:
Another full day of work, from wake to sleep, working on the upgrade.  I'm in the groove :)
Everything is progressing steadily, and I can't imagine anything getting in the way of the new forum going live in August.

It bears repeating that people shouldn't expect dramatically wonderful new features -- it's going to look and feel mostly the same.

The main point of all this work is to make everything easier to maintain and upgrade going forward for the next 10 years.

Having said that, it's clear that one benefit of all this work is that I will feel much better about adding some new features, now that I have a better hang of what is easy vs hard to maintain and what changes make upgrading more difficult.

I'm getting excited about unveiling the new forum.

tomos:
Another full day of work, from wake to sleep, working on the upgrade.  I'm in the groove :)
Everything is progressing steadily, and I can't imagine anything getting in the way of the new forum going live in August.

It bears repeating that people shouldn't expect dramatically wonderful new features -- it's going to look and feel mostly the same.

The main point of all this work is to make everything easier to maintain and upgrade going forward for the next 10 years.

Having said that, it's clear that one benefit of all this work is that I will feel much better about adding some new features, now that I have a better hang of what is easy vs hard to maintain and what changes make upgrading more difficult.

I'm getting excited about unveiling the new forum.
-mouser (July 16, 2015, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

great :-*

mouser:
I'm coding a few slick new features.. How about a (sortable) page where you can see all the topics started by (or alternatively, participated in by) a given member? I'm having fun!
The icing on the cake is that you can also filter by whether the topic is locked and/or sticky, and by # of replies (useful for seeing unreplied or ultra-popular topics, etc.)

Deozaan:
Very cool!

tomos:
ge where you can see all the topics started by (or alternatively, participated in by) a given member?
-mouser (July 16, 2015, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

that'll be very helpful :up:
(visuals look nice too)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version