ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Patch your Flash! Version 18.0.0.203 (July 08, 2015)

<< < (5/6) > >>

tomos:
Firefox has become pretty aggressive at blocking vulnerable Flash versions. So maybe it's not necessary to uninstall Flash?
-Deozaan (July 14, 2015, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, I think you're right - there's also the option to "Never Activate".
I posted more because I was suprised that unlike addons, plugins cannot be uninstalled. (And there's a few here I didnt install e.g. "Primetime Content Decryption Module provided by Adobe Systems, Incorporated 11"). So yeah, it was a more general comment.

lanux128:
I posted more because I was suprised that unlike addons, plugins cannot be uninstalled. (And there's a few here I didnt install e.g. "Primetime Content Decryption Module provided by Adobe Systems, Incorporated 11"). So yeah, it was a more general comment.-tomos (July 15, 2015, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

To uninstall Firefox's Flash plugin you need to download an Uninstaller from Adobe's website.

shrugs :-\

MilesAhead:
I posted more because I was suprised that unlike addons, plugins cannot be uninstalled. (And there's a few here I didnt install e.g. "Primetime Content Decryption Module provided by Adobe Systems, Incorporated 11"). So yeah, it was a more general comment.-tomos (July 15, 2015, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

To uninstall Firefox's Flash plugin you need to download an Uninstaller from Adobe's website.

shrugs :-\
-lanux128 (July 15, 2015, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or for plugins generally in Firefox do
about:plugins
to see where they live and pick them off manually.

lanux128:
Or for plugins generally in Firefox do
about:plugins
to see where they live and pick them off manually.
-MilesAhead (July 15, 2015, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

yup i got to the about:plugins page but like tomos, i was making a general statement on how convoluted the process is.

tomos:
^Yeah, I saw it as a bit of a security risk.
But OTOH I guess if someone is going to go so far as to check the plugins page, they are going to be able to do a search on how to remove :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version