ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Patch your Flash! Version 18.0.0.203 (July 08, 2015)

<< < (3/6) > >>

tomos:
[off-topic]

Speaking of which I have to see if the Men's Singles [tennis] Final is still ongoing.  :)
-MilesAhead (July 12, 2015, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
you reminded me of it the other day :up:
I'm watching (not live) via this YT channel. There's two sets up there so far...

MilesAhead:
[off-topic]

Speaking of which I have to see if the Men's Singles [tennis] Final is still ongoing.  :)
-MilesAhead (July 12, 2015, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

you reminded me of it the other day :up:
I'm watching (not live) via this YT channel. There's two sets up there so far...
-tomos (July 12, 2015, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you are enjoying I won't spoil the men's match.  I watched the Serena final yesterday.  I bet Stephie Graf is sticking pins is wax effigies about now.  If Serena wins the US Open singles she will tie Stephie at 22 major singles championships and also have the calendar slam.  I don't know why anyone cares if you winn all 4 in the same calendar year.  But they make a stat out of everything now.  :)

ewemoa:
Unfortunately...

http://thehackernews.com/2015/07/hacking-flash-player-exploit.html
-ewemoa (July 12, 2015, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

So according to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-04.html

Critical vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-5122, CVE-2015-5123) have been identified in Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.204 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. Successful exploitation could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. 

Adobe is aware of reports that exploits targeting these vulnerabilities have been published publicly. Adobe expects to make updates available during the week of July 12, 2015.

--- End quote ---

Haven't seen an additional update yet -- I guess that might help explain the following text from the first link:

Therefore, once again we advise everyone with Flash installed to remove or disable the software until the company patches the critical security bug.

--- End quote ---

Didn't figure out how to disable without uninstalling -- at least not system-wide -- any hints?  Or may be "disable" above referred to changing settings in each individual browser and possibly other applications...

MilesAhead:
Haven't seen an additional update yet
-ewemoa (July 12, 2015, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

You would think they would backtrack to an old version without the vulnerability in the interim.. if there is one. And let us know what version it is.

If you select Never Activate in plugins settings for FF that should do it I would hope.  Chrome may make it a bit harder to get at the setting.  I think you have to enter "chrome://plugins/" in the address bar.

Mustang browser for Windows comes with PepperFlash 17.x OOTB.  If it is vulnerable too I do not know.

ewemoa:
With all of the different settings, perhaps uninstallation is simpler and safer.

FWIW according to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/acrobat/apsb15-15.html

Adobe is planning to release security updates on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 for Adobe Acrobat and Reader for Windows and Macintosh.

--- End quote ---

May be the latest issue will be addressed by this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version