ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Patch your Flash! Version 18.0.0.203 (July 08, 2015)

<< < (2/6) > >>

ewemoa:
Unfortunately...

http://thehackernews.com/2015/07/hacking-flash-player-exploit.html

On a side note, there's no security announcement sub-forum on dc, right?

Stoic Joker:
I wish they would patch using 28% CPU just to show video.  Granted my GPU probably doesn't qualify for hw accel. but still.  I have been trying to use Pepper Flash, and other alternatives but I can't get any of them to work on Windows except on Youtube.  ESPN3 forget it.  I'll be glad when Flash is cut out altogether.-MilesAhead (July 11, 2015, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Amen to that! Mine decided to just up and start doing the Green Screen lockups last week. Apparently it linked to the hardware acceleration setting...which was never a problem before. There are a bunch of people looking for the registry method of disabling hardware acceleration, but the only "help" from Adobe is a snarky note about the information not being stored in the registry.

The point of the exercise is that it is impossible to get to the right click settings option, because the (any...) page keeps locking up the browser. Unfortunately their "support staff" is to obtuse to grasp that people need the alternative file system level version of the how to disable hardware acceleration ... So they just keep regurgitating the - at this point idiotic - settings panel option.

As an aside: WTF did they do to flash that suddenly turned it into a seizure prone nightmare??

MilesAhead:
As an aside: WTF did they do to flash that suddenly turned it into a seizure prone nightmare??
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2015, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know.  One thing I did see weird is at times Windows 8 Task Manager itself seems to use 40% CPU.  I brought up Avira free TM and it only shows itself using maybe 2.9%.  At least the video seems to be working well in FF nightly.  I was able to watch several Wimbledon matches on ESPN3 for free.

Speaking of which I have to see if the Men's Singles Final is still ongoing.  :)

Stoic Joker:
I'm in IE11 on 7pro x64 ... And after literally years -(like since 2007)- it just decided to up and pull the Green Screen crap on me. VCard is an ATI Radeon HD 4850 Driver v8.920.0.0 dated 11/9/2011 - Was running fine since the beginning...and just went locked up green on Flash Players.

*Shrug* Maybe I'm overdue on a new box.. :-\

MilesAhead:
I'm in IE11 on 7pro x64 ... And after literally years -(like since 2007)- it just decided to up and pull the Green Screen crap on me. VCard is an ATI Radeon HD 4850 Driver v8.920.0.0 dated 11/9/2011 - Was running fine since the beginning...and just went locked up green on Flash Players.

*Shrug* Maybe I'm overdue on a new box.. :-\
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2015, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

As much video as I converted and messed with I still don't understand the stuff.  I have a VLC Firefox Plugin.  But it never seems to do anything.  I have around 10 browers installed.  I go to a site with video and click the link.  Nothing happens.  I keep bringing up browsers until one of them kicks it off.  I don't remember things being quite this weird once Windows became NT based..  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version