ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does this exist? [NON-Software ideas]

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I got one similar to this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-INSTEN-USB-LED-Flexible-Light-Lamp-for-Notebook-Laptop-PC-Desktop-Computer-Book-Reading-Keyboard/41299786-MilesAhead (July 07, 2015, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got one of those but stopped using it as the chrome plating was flaking off, enough crap gets into the netbook without bits of metal adding to the problem.
Also, unless you bend it so that it's supporting itself on the desk/etc, I think you'd be putting a fair amount of stress on the USB port solder joints having to support it's weight.

Had another one that had a coiled lead from the USB plug to the LED and clipped on the top of your screen, that was OK until the clip broke  :-\

MilesAhead:
Had another one that had a coiled lead from the USB plug to the LED and clipped on the top of your screen, that was OK until the clip broke
-4wd (July 07, 2015, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  In fairness the one I have would probably be fine for a 14" Laptop.  This Toshiba is like the battle ship of Laptops.  When bored with programming I often shell the coast of Normandy Beach.  Just for grins.  :)

tomos:
Had another one that had a coiled lead from the USB plug to the LED and clipped on the top of your screen, that was OK until the clip broke  :-\
-4wd (July 07, 2015, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was considering what sounds like that one:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0033W7Q6I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?

then thought I'd see if anyone had ideas for a non-USB one... [that didn't involve a white desktop :P :D]

4wd:
That Amazon page had a link to the one I had:
http://www.amazon.de/Hama-00049132-Notebook-Light-Compact/dp/B0000AIRO2/ref=pd_sim_147_5/275-6010705-8681533?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KNM12SDGF52YXB9W2WJ

app103:
Laptop related:

looking for something to soften the sharp edge of a laptop - the edge your wrists might rest on.

I find when typing I dont lean on that edge, but when surfing I do - which causes wrist problems.
-tomos (July 07, 2015, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Roll up a bath towel and secure it into a roll with some hair elastics. Use the stretchy terry type that resemble sock loops, not rubber bands (rubber bands wear out and pop too easily). Then set it in front of your laptop and use it as a wrist rest.

I use one made from a kitchen towel as a wrist rest for my mouse, otherwise the edge of the table or desk cuts off the circulation to my hand.

Or perhaps a piece of this stuff, meant to cushion sharp table edges and protect small children, attached to the front edge of your laptop.

The only 2 problems with using that cushion stuff is that you'd probably not be able to close your laptop completely, and you wouldn't be able to clean it very well when it gets grimy. At least with the towel, you can undo it and toss it in the wash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version