ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does this exist? [NON-Software ideas]

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
Thread for queries like:

I'm looking for a product that works like [xyz] - does it exist?
*OR*
Can it be made/modified/hacked using something else?

I suggest one query per post - but it's a free world ;-)

tomos:
Laptop related:

looking for something to soften the sharp edge of a laptop - the edge your wrists might rest on.

I find when typing I dont lean on that edge, but when surfing I do - which causes wrist problems.

tomos:
Laptop related:

looking for a keyboard light that does not use USB -
*or*
a light that does use USB - but without having a projecting connection. Something like many power cables which have an 'L' shape connector would probably be good.

Logic:
anything that projects out from a laptop I'm using gets knocked around on a regular basis - and will break (including probably breaking the USB socket).

(Note: it appears from amazon reviews that most lights are far too bright.)

4wd:
looking for a keyboard light that does not use USB-tomos (July 07, 2015, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Make all your Desktop and window backgrounds solid white ;)

MilesAhead:
Laptop related:

looking for a keyboard light that does not use USB -
*or*
a light that does use USB - but without having a projecting connection. Something like many power cables which have an 'L' shape connector would probably be good.

Logic:
anything that projects out from a laptop I'm using gets knocked around on a regular basis - and will break (including probably breaking the USB socket).

(Note: it appears from amazon reviews that most lights are far too bright.)
-tomos (July 07, 2015, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got one similar to this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-INSTEN-USB-LED-Flexible-Light-Lamp-for-Notebook-Laptop-PC-Desktop-Computer-Book-Reading-Keyboard/41299786

At the time I purchased, it only cost me $2.  It helped marginally.  But the circle of light is not enough to cover the entire keyboard.  I guess you could get an extender cable female to male that would have some give in it if something hits the light.  My next Laptop is definitely going to have an illuminated keyboard.

btw I like your thread idea. I should post a request for info about Panhandler Repellent.  Supposedly there is a repellent that keeps sharks away.  But those panhandlers are vicious.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version