ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox and Cyberfox release 39.0 stable

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Both Firefox and Cyberfox have a stable 39.0 available.

Curt:
in my opinion they could call it version 4.390, or so. Why change the major version's number, when I can't spot any differences?

MilesAhead:
in my opinion they could call it version 4.390, or so. Why change the major version's number, when I can't spot any differences?

-Curt (July 05, 2015, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

It almost seems like that and extension signing are designed to break extensions.  I was going to ask who will use Firefox when the extension writing community is destroyed.  But maybe they only want the ingenue neophyte blissfully unaware of being caged.  IOW people who only know internet through phones and tablets.

They cannot possibly not know the effect.  I was toying with the idea of trying my hand at writing an extension until I started reading the thread on the Firefox extension forum about signing.  The handwriting is in the wall.

We need someone to create AnarchistFox.  The browser that lets you do whatever the hell you want whenever you want to do it.  :)

Curt:
well, one thing seems to have changed. The browser itself is launching so quickly that I have time to see & get annoyed with certain addons opening slowly!

SKA:
Curt

When you say so fast, which do you mean - Firefox 39 or Cyberfox or both ?

Rgds/Ska

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version