ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

IE says FARR "Signature invalid" [?]

(1/1)

tomos:
IE (versions 11 & 10) says that:
"The signature [of FARR] is corrupt or invalid"

(I downloaded SC and ran it from IE with no problems. [edit] LBC also triggered a warning. [/edit])

[another-edit] Windows 7:
Just windows defender on one machine, MSE on the other. [/another-edit]

mouser:
That's infuriating.
The file is fine, the digital signature is fine, it's just internet explorer being stupid (probably what it's unhappy about is the use of sha1 in the digital signing key, which is being gradually phased out by browsers; they are supposed to report something like "the signature is valid but should be updated soon").
Just choose to keep the file when IE asks you, or use a different browser.

Hopefully they will fix this, until then just ignore it.
In the future I will have to experiment with changing the digital signature algorithm to see if there is something that can be fixed to appease the monsters.

tomos:
I thought that would be the case -
thanks mouser (and sorry for your troubles)

TaoPhoenix:
That's infuriating.
The file is fine, the digital signature is fine, it's just internet explorer being stupid (probably what it's unhappy about is the use of sha1 in the digital signing key, which is being gradually phased out by browsers; they are supposed to report something like "the signature is valid but should be updated soon").
Just choose to keep the file when IE asks you, or use a different browser.

Hopefully they will fix this, until then just ignore it.
In the future I will have to experiment with changing the digital signature algorithm to see if there is something that can be fixed to appease the monsters.
-mouser (July 01, 2015, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

(Blending two threads)

"Well hello there Mr. Mouser. Nice FARR you got there. It would be a shame if we pushed an unstoppable update to Windows 10 Consumer track that breaks the signature recognition in our Edge Browser! Wouldn't you like to buy a nice Microsoft certification for it?"

>:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version