ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea For A Reddit Reader

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
y0himba... I hate you. This really is some of the kind of stuff that I **REALLY** love doing... and I have no time.  :(

(I don't really hate you. Cheer up! :P :D )

Anyways... for anyone that does have time, it's not that hard. I did a very quick mockup here:

Reddit1.zip (1338.53 kB - downloaded 426 times.)

It's garbage, but it populates a treeview with all the subscribed subs and the top 21 posts (threads). More could be added, but it would be better to start over. The API has a few wrappers. I used the C# one, and it's pretty easy.

More API wrappers here:

https://github.com/reddit/reddit/wiki/API-Wrappers

The 2 inputs are for the username and password. After clicking login, it populates, though it takes a while -- no threading or anything sane in there.

A basic reader would take less than a week to get done with a few minor bells, whistles, and polish.

y0himba:
  :( All my hopes and dreams, shattered.  Hopefully someone can take up the cause! Thanks for looking at it Renegade, I appreciate the time.

P.S. Will it help if I beg?  Send you photos of my cats?

Renegade:
Sigh... Nothing will help. :( We're in the long process of moving across continents and getting set up. I still haven't had enough time to do any serious searching for a vehicle, which is a pre-requisite to looking for a place to live. Thank god for family here! :D

y0himba:
Good luck to you then! I would just about give you my minivan for this.  Reddit is the best source of information for one of the games I play.

Anyone want to take up the cause?  Maybe show me what to do with the attached file?

TaoPhoenix:

I'm no programmer but just adding a noisy voice for voting the project cool!
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version